Thread: Yahoo App State Plugin disabled by Firefox

Yahoo App State Plugin disabled by Firefox

Hello guys. I hope everything is fine at your end . Friends, I have a query and it would be really great if someone gives me some knowledge about it. Well, I know that firefox and yahoo instant messenger are fairly old. I had installed firefox v3.5.6 just some days back and it was working all fine and create any hassles until now. The issue that happened was that the yahoo application state plugin was disabled by firefox. I am unable to guess what the issue is. Please help. I am using windows 7.

Re: Yahoo App State Plugin disabled by Firefox

Hey dude you won’t believe, even I am sailing in the same ship like you. I am still unable to regonise why yahoo state application was disabled by firefox. After, I read the bug information , I could find it out in the forum that it had been originally installed by me as I many a tiemes, make use of yahoo instant manager. Also, there are web based yahoo emails that are used more habitually by me. Well, I also have the issue that can I make use of yahoo instant manager. If so, what are the changes that will be required? Thanks in advance for the help.

Hi. I would like to tell you that if you install yahoo messenger on to your machine, then crashes will be experienced while using yahoo mail. This is because of yahoo applications state plugin i.e., bug 322363 and bug 326344. So, make a note that yahoo application state plugin version 1.0.0.5 and the older versions are present on the Mozilla add ons block list and thus will be automatically disabled in the firefox 3 version

.Hi. I would continue from the above reply. There is a way whether the plugin is causing you worries. Firstly, you will have to type about:plugins inside the location bar and then hit the enter button. In case, inside the plugins list you are able to see yahoo application state i.e., np ystate.dll, then, you will have to come out of firefox. Then, open the C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\shared folder and again name the file from the above that I mentioned to XnpYstate.dll, so that the plugins will be disabled.

Hi. I take the opportunity to tell you that plug-in can crash inside their code or they can break down inside the firefox code. So, with the help of mozillas firefox plug-in check, you should update your plug-in to the most recent edition. There is one more way, you can also disable the installed plugins for a short period of time and then just check out whether crashes are halted. For that, you will have to go to tools and then add-ons and plug ins. However, this is for firefox 3 and above versions. You can also delete or again name the plug-in file.

Hi. I hope you doing well. Well, after the reading the above replies I am sure you’ll must have got the idea about the things. Well, just want to tell you from my preceeding post that after yo perform the procedure, just have a test on yahoo mail by opening firefox. It will surely let you know the scheme of the things. Also, to let you know, in firefox 3.6.4, there are some plug-ins that run in a separate container and it will not cause damage to the browser.However, only plug – ins will be damaged. Thanks.