Thread: Windows Media Player ActiveX Plug-in is giving error in Mozilla Firefox

Windows Media Player ActiveX Plug-in is giving error in Mozilla Firefox

Hello friends. Today I am here to share one of my problem with Firefox, I have recently updated Firefox to version 2.0.0.1.11. but the problem with this browser is whenever I try to see videos in this browser, it shows me error that install Windows media player Active X Plug-in. I search on internet and I tried to download that plug-in. even I download it and done with installation. After that also whenever I am trying to see video it give me following error “Installation of npmomzax.dill file faild” and also gives error code 202. So can anyone help out here? Every solution is highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Windows Media Player ActiveX Plug-in is giving error in Mozilla Firefox

Hello friend. I have seen the same error in many Mozilla browsers. I think you are also suffering from very common error. I think you might have forgotten enable active X scripting to your browser. For that you just have to enable from your browser itself. Just go to browser and in address bar type mozconfig and press enter. The just add “enable-active X scripting” there. After that go to ac_add_options. Click on enable, using this you will enable the Active X scripting. And the exit the browser and restart the computer. Using this method you will solve your problem. Try it and All the Best!

Hey man thanks for the reply to above post. I have tried your method but it is not working for me. But how ever my work is not stopped, because when I need to watch videos I use Internet Explorer. I don’t know why it works proper with IE and not with Firefox. When I tried to apply your method to it, somehow I got the success in it but when I restarted the browser, problem was not solved. This time problem was same but with new error like “could not install Active X control click ok” and when I click on OK it was error 227. The problem is not solved. Anyway thanks for the reply.

Hello friends. I also want to share something about Firefox on this forum. I have gone through to the post of you all. I want to say that the main problem is with version of Firefox, it is quite outdated in the market you should upgrade your browser with latest version, so that it will automatically solve your issue related to Windows Media Player. Some time it happens that browser don’t do it on its own due to some security reason which IE never does. So the problem is security, don’t worry and upgrade your browser, your problem will solve. All the Best!!!