Thread: How to reset preferences on Camino 2.0.2?

How to reset preferences on Camino 2.0.2?

Hello guys, I have Snow Leopard and on which I am using Camino 2.0.2, and my problem is I want to reset two options “general.useragent.locale” and “general.useragent.override” to the default settings. But I am not able to do that Mozilla documents states that there is a context menu with the help of that we can reset the preferences in auto:config, but it didn’t find any such in Camino 2.0.2. I didn’t even I find any documentation to set those things to deafualt. And the I can’t do “Reset Camino” for just those two things as I just want to reset only two preferences.

Re: How to reset preferences on Camino 2.0.2?

Well mate after reading your query I done little bit of google search as I am using the same system I don’t want to face the same problem in future, and I have found out that. That option is for XUL applications but same thing is creating some problems for users in native applications like the Camino. Many users have submitted same query on Camino forums hope they will fix the problem very soon, I will update as soon as I will get any solution.

Good news guys I think Camino have took those query into consideration and finally the issue is resolved. Same problem were faced by many users as the above users said so Camino in the updated official version 2.1 nightlies, but Gecko 1.9 removed the function which we were taking into consideration to get the menu event. Now the problem is the context menu is missing, hope Camino will fix it soon too,

Dude I didn’t heard about the updated version but I have a solution for you which will definitely work for you, Just follow this steps to set those preferences to default again. Wuit Camino first
    1> Now open the Camino profile folderin your system, (~/Library/Application Support/Camino).
    2> And now from that folder open "user.js" and "prefs.js" these two files into the text folder.
    3> Now from both the files you have to delete the lines for “general.useragent.locale” and “general.useragent.override” .
    You have to delete those files because if you don’t delete those lines prefs in “user.js” will reset prefs in “prefs.js” whenever will start Camino again.
    Hope this will work for you.

Thanks a lot guys for taking so much concern on my query, I have posted similar query on other portals too but nobody replied to my query. But here whenever I post a query I get instant replies want to thank all of you and the site too, Well even I didn’t heard about 2.1 so I just followed the above instructions and the problem got solved for me else I would have to reset the Camino and that would have taken so much time to set all extensions and preferences again. Thank you,