Thread: How to remove Google update plugin from Firefox?

How to remove Google update plugin from Firefox?

I am facing many problems after upgrading Mozilla Firefox to Firefox 4 RC, I have many browser installed in my system including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox. The problem is when I upgraded to latest version of Mozilla Firefox there was a “Google Update” plugin, I was surprised because there was nothing in about:plugins regarding that plugin. I think when I installed Google Chrome after upgrading Firefox chrome installation caused this thing. Because I didn’t downloaded any goggle taskbar or google desktop anything like that. Please help how can remove it as I am not able to find out where it is installed.

Re: How to remove Google update plugin from Firefox?

Hey mate I am having same issue with Mozilla Firefox after upgrading it and coincidentally even I installed the google chrome after upgrading the Firefox, I think that is the reason why we are facing that problem something in chrome installation. I think when I transferred bookmarks to the google chrome at that time that google update must have been installed. I am having Windows Vista and I have found that folder path and i.e “C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Google”. When I checked the task manger there is process running on it but when ichcked for the same in programs & features it’s not listed there. Is there any way to safely delete that folder?

Well guys you must have been downloaded “Google Earth” on your systems that can cause the same problem because even I was getting Google Update in Mozilla Plugins, so I searched about it on google and on Mozilla forums and then I have found that it’s due to the Google Earth which I had installed on my system. That installed google Update automatically. So just guys if you don’t want to use Google Earth you can get easilt rid of Google Update.

Well guys I think it’s a issue with Google Chrome because I don’t have Google Earth on my system, but same problem on Mozilla browser in my system, “Google update” plugin is there, even I didn’t installed it. I think “Google updater” plugin gets automatically installed by chrome and even if we uninstall the “Google Updater” Chroeme will try to reinstall it again and again. We need to report this bug to Google maybe after that google disable this thing.

Yeah even I think it’s because of Google Chrome, when we install the Google chrome “google Updater” gets automatically installed but there is way to get rid of “Google Update”. I did some simple step and after that I didn’t find the “Google Update” in Plugins. I just disabled it from Google update and restarted Firefox and there was no “google Update” and even I checked task manager there was no “google Update”. Hope this will work for you guys.

Guys thanks a lot, for giving my some useful suggestions and sharing your solution. And finally I got rid of “Google Update” I have tried the above solutions some of them worked for me, and I have found out on more solution on this site i.e. first we have to go in “Control Panel” and in that “ Scheduled tasks” and there we have to delete the “Googleupdattaskuser” and after that we have click on yes. And the thing will be gone from system. Anyways guys Thanks.