Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

ISPíS DNS not giving a proper keyword search in Firefox

Technology & Internet

Old 18-04-2011

ISPíS DNS not giving a proper keyword search in Firefox

I have noticed that whenever I am typing something to the url it must display a list of several websites that will help me in the process but the situation is totally apposite with my ispís dns. See what I am saying is that whenever I am typing anything in the url and if I enter it then it gives me a Google search page or if the search results were proper then only it will display me the correct search results. Now aft5er having changed to the different isp it does not give me the same problem then why is it that with the old isp I was getting that problem? Any ideas?

Old 18-04-2011

Re: ISPíS DNS not giving a proper keyword search in Firefox

I think it would be recommended to search the keywords that you are looking for in the Google then in the url that you are typing for. So thatís what I would like to recommend. Yes it depends upon the isp people whether they display the results or not. Well such type of problems were being faced but it was sometime ago and now such type of problems are very uncommon. So as of now do not worry much on the topic as of now you have solved the problem and next time do remember that to search from the Google itself.
Old 18-04-2011

Now when I enter recognized keywords like Mozilla or Mozilla browser it will display a list of WebPages at that time it does turn my input into a query to the selected search provider. Now when I enter other complex keywords like synthesizer it will land me to the isp page and nothing else. However I have also noticed that if I type the keywords with the spaces it will give me the exact detailed information. So why is that thing happening? Does anyone why is that happening? Any ideaís then do share it here with me.
Old 18-04-2011

Just check the about:config method and see if you are able to get something out from there. I think thatís a good solution for you. You must definitely have a look at it and I am sure that it will be of good help for you. So go ahead and have a look at that method. Restarting your browser will also help you for some extent. So even that option is also not a bad option do try it as well. So go ahead and look out for the solutions that I have given you and implement it accordingly.
Old 18-04-2011

Try disabling the open dns proxy and see if you are able to get something out of it. What happens is that if you are requesting a specific url there can be chances where the url will be directed to the proxy and it will display you some results that can be manipulated. So disabling the open dns proxy will definitely be of good help for you. The best it can do is avoid those chances that I have suggested above. So thatís my suggestion for you do have a look at it and implement accordingly.
Old 19-04-2011

Ok, thanks for the suggestions yes I will definitely have a look at5 all the methods that you have suggested and I will make sure that I implement the suggestions that you all have given here. Appreciate your efforts for helping me out here; yes the possibilities can be endless. I will try disabling the open dns error and see if that solves my issue or not. Thanks for taking a look at my problem and suggesting something.

TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Tags: , , , ,