Thread: Need to know more about places.sqlite file in Firefox.

Need to know more about places.sqlite file in Firefox.

Hello everyone, as I was doing some bank transaction from my system from home, while doing this it started to show some error regarding places.sqlite file. As I don’t know what is this that’s the reason I am writing over here. The information including the name of my bank in URLs reappears despite quitting Firefox, and Firefox is restarting when I again try to something. When I clicking on source I am getting following error on screen.
    user_pref("browser.urlbar.maxRichResults", 0);
    user_pref("places.frecency.unvisitedBookmarkBonus", 0);
    user_pref("places.frecency.bookmarkVisitBonus", 0);
    user_pref("places.frecency.unvisitedTypedBonus", 2);
    user_pref("browser.urlbar.matchBehavior", 2);
    user_pref("browser.urlbar.matchOnlyTyped", false);
    can anyone tell me here that, what that code means now what to do? Every solution is appreciated.

Re: Need to know more about places.sqlite file in Firefox.

Hello, don’t get worry as it is not any serious error. I have gone through to your case. Place.sqlite contains your bookmarks and history. As per my knowledge, deleting it will cause Firefox to automatically restore your last session. I think this might be the thing you are facing right now. Location bar suggestions can be either of two, both or none. Configuration the setting in the privacy pane. Just try to clean private data by using the options in the user interface before manually deleting and delver in to about: Config. Try this steps I think that will solve your problem. All the best!!

Hey I have seen your problem try to do above steps, if still you don’t find it’s quite working for you then I have some solution for you. The bookmarks are always gets store to places.sqlite, if you have bookmark to something, that site will always be found in the place.sqlite. I must give you solution that if too many people are sharing the same desktop then try to use encrypted password for you own. Don’t share your password with anyone or don’t make it remember password by browser. Don’t worries again install the browser and the thing which I told you keep in mind? Thank you and all the Best.

Hello friends, I am writing some points here for everyone’s security. Because I have gone through to the every scenario of this case. On the basis of my information I must say that this has happened due to multi user of same desktop and remembered password storing bookmark. Well I want to suggest you that if you are regularly using these kind of private things on internet, then there are many other ways to use it, one of which I am writing here. If you enter to private browsing mode, then visit required website, after using lust leave that private browsing mode. The result will be nothing in the history, bookmark, or place.sqlite. Showing where you went. So keep in mind and use this kind of thing for private browsing. All the best.