Thread: Multiple java console versions got added in addons in Firefox 3.6

Multiple java console versions got added in addons in Firefox 3.6

After having upgraded to the Firefox 3.6 I found out that there were several addons that got added in to my list, there were several versions of the java console that got added in the list and hence I would like to know from where did it come? Well I just want to delete the several addons that got added. So suggest me some steps which I should try out so that I get rid of such problems. So any possible solutions that you would like to give me then please do notify me about the same. I would be happy to hear some response from your side.

Re: Multiple java console versions got added in addons in Firefox 3.6

The java console applications that you have got as an addons are of not so much big threat to you. Do not worry much as they will not be hampering the functionality of Java in Firefox. It will just monitor some of the running applets in the program. In case if you don’t need it in your browser then several addons comes with a option of removing it from the system. So that’s what you must try and work out accordingly. So I hope you have got the point that I am trying to make here and work on it accordingly.

Sometimes the extensions do not come with the disable option at that time you must try and delete those extensions in the safe mode. May be that will solve the issue. So start working on it accordingly and I must say that it will definitely help you in this matter, so that’s what I have to say here, if you are not getting the disabled option for the extension then this is the other alternative method that you must try. So that’s what I have to say here.

I agree with the above user and even in my case I could not find the disable option. One more thing that I would like to say is that I had even tired with the safe mode option and that too did not help me because I could not find the disable option in the safe mode as well. So that too did not turn out to be effective method for me. Now even I would like to ask something from you all. So it would be great if you all can answer my question well. So any suggestions that you all would like to give it to me. Then please do specify.

Just check out the extensions folder of the Firefox install and then see if there you could find any installation file. Do check out that folder itself because all the extensions do get stored there and hence I would advise you to have a look at this extensions folder and I am sure that it will be of great help for you. I had suggested this same method to one of my friend and he got the extensions there only. So that’s what I recommend for you. Do work on it.

Hey you were correct it was indeed all the extensions were present there and I am happy that I was able to track down the folder location and accordingly delete them from there. I was not sure whether that method would do justice for me since one of my friend had also tried with the same method but unfortunately he was not successful with it but still i decided to give it a try and eventually it worked out for me. So thanks a lot people for helping me out in such situation.