Thread: Firefox 4 restarts while playing any FLV video

Firefox 4 restarts while playing any FLV video

Hi friends I am facing an unusual problem on my system while surfing on net. Actually the thing here is that when I am trying to view flash videos that is YouTube and similar type within seconds of being displayed, the Firefox restarts and once it gets restarts then I can’t do anything on the same because after restarting it almost freezes itself and then the entire system gets hooked up due to this. And the only option remains in front of me is to just restart the system and nothing else.

Re: Firefox 4 restarts while playing any FLV video

I am sure that it is something related to Adobe Flash Player plug-in that Firefox has I am so confident because the same thing happened with me when my Mozilla Firefox 4 use to restart on windows 7 operating system and when I disable the browser works fine but logically not let me watch any flash video. So what you have to do here us that you have to install the plug-in related to the same and see whether you are able to get the appropriate response from the same.

Well the first thing that you have to check here is that whether the flash player is installed on your system or not and if it is not installed then you have to make all efforts to install the same. I am sure that after installing the adobe flash player you will not face any issue related to the FLV videos. I hope that you are getting me and this solution will definitely help you to get rid of the problem and the browser automatically show you the proper results.

This problem is the normal one and to trouble shoot the same what you have to od here is that just follow the below mentioned steps :
    • First of all Close Mozilla Firefox and also any other browser if it is installed
    • Then Go to Control Panel and then Add / Remove Programs.
    • After that Uninstalling the Adobe Flash ActiveX.
    • Later on Uninstalling the Adobe Flash Player.
    • You have to Close Add or Remove Programs Control Panel.
    • Then Run the Adobe Flash Player Uninstaller
    • Go to: C: \ WINDOWS \ system32 \ Macromedia and delete the Flash directory.
    • Go to: C: \ Documents and Settings \ username \ Application Data \ Adobe and remove from the "Flash Player"
    • Go to: C: \ Documents and Settings \ username \ Application Data \ Macromedia and remove from the "Flash Player".
    • Close all programs and restart the machine.
    • Download the flash player for Firefox
    • And install the same on your system and after that restart the system and see whether you are able to get an appropriate access over the FLV videos.

The Firefox version that you are using on your system is not the appropriate on and that is the reason why you are unable to get the proper response from the same. So now what you have to do here is that uninstall the Mozilla Firefox from your system and the see whether you are getting the updated version of the same and once you get the updated on then I want you to just install the same on your system I am sure that after installing the updated on you will not get any of the further problems.