Thread: Profilemanager starts instead of new tab in Mozilla Firefox.

Profilemanager starts instead of new tab in Mozilla Firefox.

Guys I am a big fan of Mozilla Firefox I prefer this browser over others because it gives very effective and all kind of plugins on Windows 7. But recently I started facing a problem on Mozilla Firefox, First I tried to setup a new Firefox profile because Firefox was opening new window with new session so I won’t be logged on the sites on new window and Firefox was not handling the session cookies. But the new profile was very slow to load so I deleted the new profile but now whenever I click on the link instead of new tab, profile manager starts. And in profile manager when I click on “Start Firefox” using that default profile it states I can’t because default profile already in use. And if I exit profilemanager then I fail to open that link. Please help.

Re: Profilemanager starts instead of new tab in Mozilla Firefox.

Hello guys I am having same problem thanks to you buddy because you have uploaded same problem, when I faced that problem for the first profile I created another one with some changes in settings similarly I created 4 to 5 profiles in hope that at least one of them will work but no use whenever I click on an email address instead of an email composition page I get the profilemanager. I don’t what mistake I had done in settings. Please help.

Well you can easily get rid of this problem go to Control Panel and then in system. Now click on on “advanced” and now Advanced go to “Environment Varibles” then to the system variables and in that in “New Variable Name:”MOZ_NO_REMOTE and “Variable Value:-1” then just click on OK,OK and OK. BecauseAfter deleting second profile you may have left the MOZ_NO_REMOTE environment variable in your operating system , and that’s the reason you’re getting changed system behavior.

Yeah that is the reason you are getting changed behavior in your system after clicking on the link in your Email you’re getting a new profile manager instead of a new tab because the same behavior extends to the Thunderbird Email that means in Firefox if you click on a contact email address on a link in a email you will get the profile manager instead of getting a email composition page or a new tab. So set your settings now and the issue will be solved by deleting MOZ_NO_REMOTE.

Well guys That is correct guys it MOZ_NO_REMOTE causes that kind of problem. Instead of new tab it will open the profile manager. But guys this is for old Firefox version all this procedure you have to do in older version, if your are getting the same problem in latest Firefox version then it has –no-remote- Command Line parameter. Open the profiles.ini file in text editor from Mozilla folder and edit that file to make use default profile, the line with Default=1as the last line for that particular profile.

Hey guys that really worked for me, I was wondering I haven’t changed any settings the why I was getting such kind of error finally with the help of you guys I found what was the mistake and why I was getting the error. After reading this post I tried the last posts solution because I have latest Firefox so followed the instruction and it worked for me guys. On other sites users are not so helpful and interactive but here members are really very helpful and site is very active. Thank you,