Thread: About:Config showing blank page in Firefox.

About:Config showing blank page in Firefox.

Hello everyone, in my office I am using Firefox in PC; I am using Windows XP professional SP3. Before someday I wanted to change the value of Keyword.url but I didn’t got success in it just because I was not able to enter into About: Config command of Firefox which allows you to change the default setting of your browser. Whenever I try to write About: Config in address bar, it shows me blank white page, I don’t know why, it not even showing “page not found”. Can anyone tell me what the problem is? Why this happening? Every solution is highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: About:Config showing blank page in Firefox.

Hello, I have gone through to your post, as you mentioned that you are facing this problem in office right? I think you are facing this blank page issue just because your PC in network connected with server, so it means that you might not have the privilege to change any setting. Just do one thing contact your system administrator and tell him to grant you the permission that you can change some part as per your need. As soon as he will grant you the permission you will be able to change the things as per your need. All the best!!

Hey thanks friend, after reading your post I have done the same thing which you told in above post, as I talked to System administrator, he granted me the permission to change some default setting for my PC only. And finally I fix my problem. Actually my problem was that, at the time when I as typing in the address bar, it was directly routing me to Google’s I ‘m feeling lucky page. So that I change the URL from Keyword setting and I fix my problem. Thanks a lot for the reply.

Hello friends, after reading above I have tried to do some temporary change in About: Config when your Pc is on network and doesn’t have proper permission. To make some changes in Keyword.URL someone must write in the prefs.js file. As you write the required address in this file it will change the URL path of your browser for the time being or you can say temporarily. I wanted to thanks you for such a good question because of that question I found some new tricks in Firefox. Thank again to you all for writing on this forum.