Thread: Silver light plug-in not working in IE8

Silver light plug-in not working in IE8

I am trying to use a silver light plug-in but it is not working at all. Actually I am trying to work .net rocks podcasts with the silver light plug-in in IE8. But whenever I try to do it then an error occurs. The problem is that whenever I do so I notice a notification stating that silver light need to be installed. I click the link and follow to the download page but though when I install it states I already have it installed. So this is the problem that I am facing. So can you tell me the solutions for this particular problem that I am facing? Please do get back to me on this immediately.

Re: Silver light plug-in not working in IE8

I just went through the question that you have put up and would ask you that are you currently using IE 64-bit? If the answer is no then there are no issues but if the answer is yes then I feel that you need to switch to 32-bit version. And this is because there is no 64-bit version of the Silverlight plug-in at the moment.So I feel that if you should go ahead with the 32-bit version then everything will be fine and your problem will be solved immediately.Once you done with that then I am sure that you’re issue will get fixed quickly.

Thanks a lot for the immediate reply. I just went through the question that you have asked me and would say that yes I am actually using the 64-bit version. So probably if that is the reason why I am facing from this issue then its better if I do switch it to 32-bit version .I guess that it will help me to solve the issue that I am facing.Also I need to ask you all that will there be a 64-bit in the future?If yes then when it will come and also which version of silverlight will it support.Please do get back to me on this.

Yes the Silver light 5 will have a 64-bit version of the plug-in. Also the release date of a beta version has been stated as both in this year itself.So we can expect it immediately. I think the final version will not be due until late or the end of the year.So this is what I feel and do think that you should actually switch on to the to 32-bit version which will help you to fix the issue that you are in immediately .Also if you have any queries then you can definitely revert to ask them.

Even I was looking round for Beta releases but their doesn't seem to be any.Also do you think that if I subscribe to the blog you think that will inform me of Beta releases? But coming back to the issue that you have put up I feel that the .net rocks podcasts with the silver light plug-in in IE8 never works properly.This is something that is addressed by all and needs to be solved immediately.But I feel that whatever the solution that is being provided earlier will definitely work for you as of now.

I would say that I have even Google my query and a few people have had similar issue with the plug in on vista and XP SP3. I am currently running on Win 7.So this is something that is not only faced by me but is also faced by many other people.So I feel that if I certainly use the solution of going with 32 bit properly then it will help me to fix the issue immediately.So I would like to appreciate you for the solutions that you have provided to me to fix the issue that I am facing currently.