Thread: Suggest some Language translator for Opera 11.

Suggest some Language translator for Opera 11.

Hello guys I need some good suggestion for a language translator for Opera 11 browser on my Windows XP. My mother tongue is Portuguese, and I am fluent in English too, but some time for my assignments I want Portuguese in English and vice versa and sometimes I just want a part of a page to be translated and sometimes whole page. So guys can you suggest me some good translation tool on this browsers which is very user friendly.

Re: Suggest some Language translator for Opera 11.

Well mate best option for language translation is Google translate Web form. Even I use this tool very frequently so I bookmarked Google translate. Even you may have heard about it but I can tell you some simple steps so that by just clicking few clicks you will be able to translate the content. Open a tab for google translate then go on to the respective page, select the text and then Ctrl+C to copy the content and then open the google translate tab and after right clicking on google translate Web form “paste text” and then click on translate button.

Well that is quite traditional method we can do the same thing by chaning some code so that we don’t have to repeat above steps again and again. Just follow these steps;-
    1> Click on Menu.
    2> Then in settings click on preferences.
    {Alternative of above two steps is click Ctrl+F12.}
    3> Now click on advanced and in that on Toolbar.
    4> And now on that window in the bottom right side there is “Menu Setup” click on Opera Standard and press on Duplication.
    5> Now from the profile directory open the menu folder
    6> In that folder edit the “standard menu(1).ini”m First look for “Hotclick Pop menu”.
    7> In that add this code
    Code:
    Item, "Translate to Portuguese"= Go to page, http://translate.google.com/?hl=auto#auto|pt |%t"
    Or if you want to open translated page in ne tab then enter the following code
    Code:
    Item, "Translate to Finnish"= Open URL in new page, "http://translate.google.com/?hl=auto#auto|pt|%t"
    8> And now save the file and restart Opera.

Guys Google translate web form is one of the best language translator but when you don’t have extensions for your browser. But if you have extensions for Opera then why you have to go for google translate. And this will be on every page so you just have to click on the extensions icon on the browser. There are many extension s for language translation such as Transalte, easy Transaltion, translator, tab vault etc.

You are right buddy there are many extensions to Opera for language translation then why should we translate in other tabs and I will recommend you to use Translator by Sailormax. After adding this extension there will be a small button on Opera11 toolbar and you can select the language in which you want it to translate. But one limitation is it will also select the advertisement section so have just have to select the text area which you want to translate.

Hey that’s so nice of you guys I was looking for similar kind of selection which doesn’t not so much effort from user just a click away. And finally I got the solution thanks a lot guys a started using Translator on Opera11 and it is working as I wanted. I have posted similar query on other forums site too but I haven’t got any good response, this site users is really very helpful and interactive as compared to other sites. Thanks a lot all of you for helping me out.