Thread: how to downgrade Opera 11 ?

how to downgrade Opera 11 ?

Hello friends. I had installed opera 11 on to my personal computer but now I wish to downgrade it as it is giving me hell lot of problems as the mouse gestures are broken. I now wish to go back to either my previous version of opera which were very much better than this. The issue with me is that how can I downgrade the current version. I could not find any downgrade link which can guide me. Nice suggestions would really help me out. Thank you very much for the solutions.

Re: how to downgrade Opera 11 ?

Dude. I was sailing in the same boat like you and I was also harassed a lot by opera 11. However, I would imply you that going to any of the previous versions is not a good option at all. As the technology moves on, why don’t you upgrade to 11.01. In this there are no worries related to mouse gestures. However its just the snapshot right now. They authorized release date will be coming up very soon. I haven’t had any problem with it so recommending you.

Dude,even I think that you should go for opera 11.01 rather than going for older versions. There you can again face issues with mouse gestures, so, I will help you out and everthing will be fine then for you . Just change the opera:config#userprefs|gesture threshold from the default 5 down to 2 or either 1. Now the main thing is do not forget to change it to default 5 for the newer version else it would be like a nightmare for you and thus you may not fancy the newer version.

Hi. If you really wish to downgrade opera 11 then you should uninstall opera 11 and keep that in mind that it should be a clean uninstall. Also, don’t forget to keep a back up of the important files. It is very important. Then, you can easily install the older version from the internet. I guess the reason such things may be happening is that some files of the retained files may be ruined and that may be carrying over to the whole new opera installation.

Dude I will continue from the above post and will explain you in a detailed manner so that you will be more clear and know what exactly you have to do and how to go about to get your work done. Firstly, Uninstall your opera 11 in a normal manner and then scour the system for the residual opera linked files with the help of C cleaner. Then search for any registry keys if present and delete them. Finally, perform a clean install of opera.

Hi. Firstly, If you are making use of normal add and remove programs, uninstalling techniques and then the problems are occurring, then it can in the retained opera settings and also the personal data files. Then, I would suggest you that you will have to install in a totally unusual named folder rather than the one suggested by default of opera . Having said that, I hope that there are no viruses or things like that which can be a cause of hindrance .