Thread: Quicktime plugin in Google Chrome

Quicktime plugin in Google Chrome

I just want to know that does the QuickTime plugin still support MIDI files within the browser? This is a kind of question that I was facing from a long time and was not able to get the solution for this particular query from a long time. What I did was that I tried to play but all I got that when file was the QT logo with a question mark on top.So I don’t know that I need to do and was really unhappy with this.So please do get back to me on this as I am looking for a solution on this particular issue.

Re: Quicktime plugin in Google Chrome

I just had a look at the question that you have put up and would say that this is something really strange that you have asked.I didn’t get the question properly.So it would be a lot better if you can just elaborate it a bit so that it can be a lot clearer to me to help you to fix the issue that you are in.Also I would say you that this is something that I heard for the first time and hence couldn’t make out what the actual problem is.

Thank a lot for the prompt reply. I would say that I am really happy that you replied to me so immediately.Now coming back to the question that you have asked to me I would say that it just failed while trying to use this Midi.But in contrast what happened is that when I tried the other method where in I tried to downloaded it and then the output was completely different.The thing was that it just worked perfectly fine. So I hope that this much information is sufficient for you to solve the problem that I am in.SO please do get back to me as soon as possible.

I had a similar kind of issue and then it hence I got the question that you have put up immediately. I would say that you need to use a new browser and that browser would be the Safari.It worked perfectly for me on the safari and I would suggest you that even you can go ahead with this and then your problem will be solved immediately. Also I would say you that I don't use Chrome so can't test with it. But since MIDI's are so small in file size that I suggest just downloading them for playback in QuickTime Player 7.6.6.

I just went through the previous solution that I completely agree with the solution that is begin given out there. I suppose that it will work fine and then there won’t be any problem if you go ahead with this solution. But I would say that you may probably face a problem and that would be while trying to make it playback when the page is loaded on your website then the Safari may not work properly.So this is something that you need to keep a look at and then I guess that there won’t be much of a problem.

I think that these solutions would be enough for me to solve the issues that I am facing.I just went through then and suppose that they can do the job to get away with the problem that I have been facing.Also I now need to download the browser and then I hope that all will be fine with me.Also I would tell you that I have already reported the issue as a bug in Chrome and I am also waiting for then until they fix it. So I would like to thank you a lot for providing me the solutions that you have provided me to fix the issue that I was facing.