Thread: Difference between Opera Mini and Opera Mobile Browser

Difference between Opera Mini and Opera Mobile Browser

Hello Friends. I hope you all doing well. I tried out Opera Mini and non-Mini Opera Mobile Browser for a very for a short time. I was thinking how Opera Mini compares to the full (non-Mini) version of Opera for Mobile. I wish to know whether page rendering in both is same or not? Which is the faster browser of amongst the two? Also, can someone please tell me the differences. I am thinking of buying a mobile phone and access the internet, should I go for costlier smart phone which runs Opera Mobile Browser or a less expensive phone which runs Opera Mini.

Re: Difference between Opera Mini and Opera Mobile Browser

Hi. Opera mobile does not depend on server but opera mini does. Opera mobile will provide web pages, similar to a desktop browser. Minute differences are seen in opera mini and thus composite web pages do not work as they are expected. Also, opera mini tends to be faster as compared to opera mobile browser. According to me, Opera Mobiles are normally chosen by handset manufacturers for pre installation on cell phones . It’s better to have both the browsers as both have their prons and cons respectively.

Hi. Basically, opera mini is compatible with any cell phone , on the other hand, opera mobile is restricted to windows mobile and also symbiam phones. I would like to tell you that the choice of selecting among the two that you have mentioned depends on the websites that you generally visit . Also, you can select the option of installing both the browsers and make use of it as per the requirement. I guess it would be a very nice step and you will be able to make use of technology completely.

Hi. As per my opinion, I would insist you that you should go for opera mini on a public wifi connection than anything else. Hyper text transfer protocol in opera mini as compared to other browsers is not different at all. The difference may lie only when complete hyper text transfer protocol connections are not provided. Also, wording problems are seen operas website which seems like that hyper text transfer protocols content are made to pass through operas server.

Hi. If security is the apprehension for you, then I would like to bring to your notice that all information for mini goes through opera servers but in the case of mobile it does not. Thus it is a great benefit to consumers that is provided by opera mini. I would like to bring to your knowledge that the Web pages are fetched straightforwardly from the Web server to your mobile phone when web address is entered in opera mobile.

Hi. Let me start by saying that in a normal device, you will definitely save money but on the other side if money is not of major concern then you will get more facilities in smart phone. The first point of distinction that comes to my mind is that in opera mini, opera presto browser in situated on a server while on opera mobile, its installed in the phone.One can use opera mini on small basic devices on a server as compared to full opera mobile browser.