Thread: Unable to remove Microsoft DRM plug-in

Unable to remove Microsoft DRM plug-in

Hello friends before one week I have installed the Mozilla in my new computer which have Windows 7 And I found that is very user friendly browser. After that I was playing online game on it after sometime suddenly browser stopped working and error was like it saying that DRM plug-in failure after getting this error I started searching for this plug-in in add-on’s and found list of pug-in’s ther which includes DRM also but I want to know this plug-in is installed Is there any way to delete this plug-n and does it affect my system or? Please reply me what to do with this problem.

Re: Unable to remove Microsoft DRM plug-in

I referred you post as you are saying that you get the error while playing online games there is nothing to wrong with sometimes if we play online games or video our system face crashes with pug-in or any video codec’s it is normal thing. Basically DRM plug-in installs automatically because of windows media player if you rmove this plug-in it will not affect your system and also but the there is some sites which requires this plug-in but after removing this plug-in you will not be able to play some contents which require this plug-in if you want remove the plug-n then its your call.

Thank you so much for your help as you are saying that this is normal problem that is why I did nothing with that DRM plug-in but after that whenever I play same game it keeps crashing after tired of watching same messeage again and again I have decided to remove that plug-in and I removed it also but whenever I restart the the plug-in system automatically installs the plug-in please tell me how to remove it completely? It is so frustrating form me to doing same thing again and again. Please reply me with proper solution.

Yes whenever you remove the DRM plug-in and close the browser the Microsoft windows media player automatically installs the same plag-in again and again because it is highly recommended by the Microsoft to remove it completely you have to perform the following steps.
    • First open the and enter the following key word in address bar ( about: config )
    • After that find the plugin.explose_full_path and set it true with help of drop-down list.
    • After that restart the and now type the about:plugin it will show you the pluging’s exact location.
    • Now go to that location and delete it. Now restart the computer.

After doing the restart you will no face the same error again.

I read your issue I was also having same problem with my and I have done lots of research on this issue and I got one different solution for this particular problem if you don’t want to remove the DRM plug-in from as it is required by so many site the uninstall the whole and restart your Computer and then install the fresh copy of Mozilla again. After doing this you will be able to play all games with removing any plug-in. I did the same thing and now I don’t have any issues with any games or any plug-in. So I suggest you that you also try same solution.