Thread: Firefox not able to restore previous session

Firefox not able to restore previous session

Hi friends I am have windows Xp in my computer and I normally spent so many time on browsing on internet because of that I have installed so many browsers in my system but mostly I avoid using google chrome and internet explorer but I use only Mozilla Firefox because I fell it is very user friendly in all terms but form last few days I am facing one problem some time I lost connection of my computer because of loose connection with switch board because of that my computer gets restart but whenever it starts and I open the Firefox it didn’t restore any previous page earlier I was not facing this problem I don’t know what is wrong with it is there any kind of setting is required to fix this problem then please reply me with the proper setting.

Re: Firefox not able to restore previous session

I have gone through your post and I have noticed that some time if we uninstall any program related to browser or delete the unwanted temporary files it will creates problem with our browser which will creates problems while we use it. To solve this issue I suggest you download the fresh installer of Mozilla Firefox and then delete the temporary files after doing that uninstall the firefox which you are using currently in your system and then restart the computer after doing that install the new Firefox which you have downloaded and then your browser will start the restoring the page normally.

Hey thank you for the solution given by you. I have followed all the steps that you have given me in solution and reinstall the Firefox also but after doing this also I am facing sane problem again and again. If I use some other browser then it is working fine I don’t know what I should do? Should I stop working on Firefox or is there any other way to fix the problem please reply me if anyone have solution except reinstalling the browser. I will be thankful to your replies.

Last night I was working on a project using internet and I was using Firefox browser. Because of my project I was collecting some useful information for my related topic with the help of so many different websites it was about 9 to 10 tabs I have opened but after that I closed some tabs which I don’t needed and reaming were as it is there then I close the browser with remaining opened tabs which I needed and saved it for restore, but after some time when I opened the firefox again none of page gets restored I don’t know what went wrong if there is something which is needed to be corrected then please let me know.

When you install the Firefox in your system, the restore option is off by default. To turn on this option yu have to some necessary setting in Firefox which I will tell you how to do.
    • First you have to go to the tools and click on option
    • In the options click on the preferences and you will see the option dialog box
    • In that box click on general tab and thenopen the drop-down list of startup section.
    • In start up section select the Show my windows and tabs from last time.
    • Now it will start restore your last page when you restart the firefox.

Hope this will be helpful to you.