Thread: IE9 is not working with ATI switchable graphics.

IE9 is not working with ATI switchable graphics.

Hello guys, I have just bought a new laptop HP Envy 14 which supports ATI switchable graphics, and now days most of the laptop companies launching their laptop on ATI switchable graphics. I have IE9 on my laptop and there is problem with IE9 because when system entered in Intel Integrated graphics IE9 stopped responding. I uninstalled the IE9 and again reinstalled it again but things where same. Please help,

Re: IE9 is not working with ATI switchable graphics.

Well mate I am facing same problem on my Vaio SZ61XN/C and when I opened IE9 it got crashed immediately, laptop has switchable GeForce 8400M GS graphics on Intel 965GM chipset. Abd when I ran same IE9 on the GeForce it worked, I guess problem is with Intel graphics. I have gone through many sites and on Google and what I found is it’s a issue with switchable video drivers. Hope the respective company will come with drivers,

Dude use Software rendering then you will be sure that the problem s with IE9 or it’s a problem with video card. So just try Software rendering in place of hardware. First start your internet Explorer and then click on tool and in that select internet options. And now click on the “Advanced” tab and there check in front of “Use software rendering” and uncheck “GPU rendering” and then click on “OK”. And now after closing IE reopen it. And if IE9 works properly then the problem is IE9 and you have to cotact your Video card manufacturer to install new Video driver in your system.

Hey mate I am having same issue with my HP DM4 which is having Intel/ATI graphics. I just followed the instruction you have given and IE9 started working, so the problem is with Video driver hope it will be fixed soon and as we know HP is one of the top partner of Microsoft so it will release the better video drives updates and also for their latest laptop models. I have e-mailed them regarding this issue they haven’t reverted yet. Hope they will solve this problem very soon by releasing updated drivers.

I was very much worried because I bought my laptop from other company and many companies doesn’t give international warranty. So if this problem would have been in the some other hardware it could have cost me a lot. Whatever it gonna cost me but the problem is as with only video card i.e switchable GPU’s hope the company will resolve this issue very soon till that time I have to use other internet browsers. Thank you guys for taking concern on my problem,