Thread: Internet Explorer 8 Error: 'parent.xmlData'

Internet Explorer 8 Error: 'parent.xmlData'

Hello guys, I am using Internet explorer 8 because IE9 had some issues so downgraded to IE8, for few days it was working properly and now I am getting a very annoying error message whenever I use the browser after entering when I hit enter I get the following error message “This page is accessing information that is not under its control. This poses a security risk. Do you want to continue?” and when I click on ‘Yes’, I get a window screen with Error: 'parent.xmlData'. So, reinstalled the IE8 but still whenever I try to load any page I get the same error. So I checked out the settings but I found nothing actually I was not able to figure what I have to change, Please help.

Re: IE8 gives Error: 'parent.xmlData'

Dude you have to provide some more information here then I will be able to help you out, have you checked about this message on Microsoft? Which operating system you are using? And have you changed any security level. Because if you have changed the Access data sourced domains to Enabled then this error may occur. So mate just check that thing have you enabled that thing, And tell post here what is your security level.

Buddy even I guess maybe you have changed some security settings unknowingly, first check and change your Security level. Open your Internet Explorer and click on tools then select Internet Options and click on the “Security” tab. And the security level of your browser will be displayed on the screen normally by default its “Medium-High”. To change this setting click on custom level, and now under Miscellaneous section locate “Access data sources across domains” and now change the setting from Prompt to the “Desired setting”. Hope it will work for you man.

Well dude is the only thing which may be giving you “This page is accessing information that is not under its control. This poses a security risk. Do you want to continue?” pop-up message and it’s due to the following few reasons. The web page which you have visited contains the Visio 2003 drawing and that is saved by using the primary output format GIF and SVG. And may be Adobe Acrobat Viewer 3.0 is installed on your system.

Re: Internet Explorer 8 Error: 'parent.xmlData'

Thanks guys for suggesting me the solution, I have gone through many forums but I haven’t found any proper solution even it was quite for technical guys and also for those you have little bit knowledge of computer and yeah it was due to the security settings. And I disabled the “Access data sourced domains” and after that IE8 is working properly till now. Thank you guys for helping me out, I haven’t got any replies on other forums so thanks guys.