Thread: “Back” button drop-down list not working on IE9.

“Back” button drop-down list not working on IE9.

Guys I need your help I am having some issues with the drop-down list beside back button on the Internet Explorer 9 on Windows 7. Actually I am not sure this is a issue with IE9 or it’s a issue with those web sites, because I know some web sites which doesn’t allow you to go back by clicking ob “back” button, they will refresh and will display the same page again. But I was able to use that feature in previous versions of IE. Please give some suggestions to enable that feature on IE9.

Re: “Back” button drop-down list not working on IE9.

Hey dude I have same issue with some Internet Explorer 8, I downgraded from IE9 as it has many flaws but I am getting the same problem when I try to back to some previous pages on browser. But the same browser features works perfect for other sites like for example back drop list works perfectly on Windows site. You can try one thing try to click repeatedly on that drop-list but slowly, like bit slower then we double click on some options, because that’s how I am using IE8 drop-down list. I guess it will also work for you.

Guys you can use the same feature by using the combinations of keys on keyboard, or else dude I will suggest to use the Mozilla Firefox or Google chrome but if you want to stick to the same internet browser you can use Alt+V,G I am not quite sure about that combination but it’s something like Alt+V,G or Alt+V,O. You can find that code on Windows site or you can search it on google but try Alt+V it will give you the list of all recently visited sites.

Hey yeah that combination of keys work on other Explorers I don’t think it works on IE9. Alt+V will show the “view” tab from tools bar for IE9 I guess its ALT+V+G+B or you can also try ALT+Left Arrow it will work. And try to right click on the Back button because in older versions and on other browsers when we us to right click on Back button it shows the recently visited sites. Just try out these things, hope one of them will work for you.

Well guys this is a problem faced by many IE9 users, it works for me for some sites but this is very annoying when it doesn’t work. May be it’s a issue for some sites I tries keyword shortcuts but they didn’t worked for me. Now I have to try Microsoft fixit, I hope that will work for me. But thanks a lot for giving me some suggestions, I have submitted this query on many other forums too but nobody have provided this much suggestions . I hope Microsoft Fixit will work for me, Thank you guys.