Thread: Unable to uninstall IE9 Beta and install IE9 RC

Unable to uninstall IE9 Beta and install IE9 RC

Guys I am had IE9 on my windows 7 and the IE9 Release Candidate (RC) is released. So I tried to upgrade from IE9 Beta to IE9 RC but I am not able to install the IE9 RC. I am getting windows message “Internet Explorer did not finish installing” and I followed the support link given there but they given instruction didn’t work for me. When I tried to downgrade from IE9 to IE8, I wasn’t able to uninstall IE9. Please help as there are many flaws with IE9 beta I want to upgrade to IE9 RC.

Re: Unable to uninstall IE9 Beta and install IE9 RC

Dude I am having the same problem with IE9 running on windows 7 Ultimate. I searched a lot about it on Google and on some forums sites but did not find solution which can fix the issue. After getting error on installation of IE9 RC I updated my Windows 7 and fixed all the other issues with Windows applications too, but nothing worked for me. When I try to install the button bar gets green in the end and in the end I get the same messages as Internet Explorer did not finish installing.

Mate I think the complete engine to install updates is damaged. This you should try if After system restore things did not work for you and if you don’t want to perform clean reinstall for Windows7. and after trying all other alternatives this will be the best option for you. And take care of one thing If you this repair install to fix Win7 you won’t be able to preserve your user accounts, data, system drives and the programs installed on Windows.

Yeah that will be a good option if you have tried all other easy options. Here are some steps to follow.
    1> Log on to windows from administrator account.
    2> Disable all the all security programs antivirus and firewall.
    3> Enter your Windows 7 DVD and click on Runsetup.exe, then click on ‘Yes’ on UAC.
    4> Click on the install now to begin installation.
    5> And click on Go online to get the updates for installation and uncheck all other options.
    6> And accept the license terms and click on Next.
    7> Click on upgrade and the installation will begin and follow the instruction after system reboots.

Well yes right but many of the users like newbie to all these stuffs quite not sure what to do after system reboots these are quite easy instructions but if you don’t know much then follow these instructions
    1> After reboot enter windows 7 prodeuct key.
    2> Uncheck “Automatically update Windows when I am online” and after that click on Next.
    3> Click on recommended settings and set time and date zone as well as date and time.
    4> Select your network location type.
    5> Now after Windows start up check if there is any missing file of user in C drive windows.
    6> Then follow the steps for “Windows Clean up” given on windows official site.
    7> After Clean up enable all the security programs.

Well mate Before trying all the above instructions follow these steps you don’t have to do above steps if the following instruction worked for you, here’s the instruction for how to install and uninstall the IE9.
    To uninstall,
    a) Click on Start button and type “Programs and Features” in the search box.
    b) Now, click on “Views installed updates” on the side of screen.
    c) Now, in the “Uninstall an update” noe go down to the Microsoft Windows section.
    d) An there right click on IE9 and select Uninstall and click on Yes.
    e) Restart your system.
    Hope now IE9 will be uninstalled.

Hey guys thanks a lot for your affords, and finally I am able to uninstall IE9 beta and installed IE9, You guys were right some files damaged in my system. I just followed the steps you have given, those steps bit time consuming but my system files got cleaned up. I want to thank all of you, I did not tried above procedure because I had started working on other solutions and those things worked for me, thank a lot guys, highly appreciate it.