Thread: IE9 RC makes nominal font size

IE9 RC makes nominal font size

It seems that I am having some problem with the IE9 RC in Gmail mainly when Rich Text Formatting is activated. Whenever I am replying to any of the emails then I found that the font size for the reply goes to nominal option. I have to reset font size each time. This was not case by means of Beta edition. I was equipped to solve this within the Beta with the help of the Compatibility Settings as well as checking option intended for "Download/ Update Web lists as of Microsoft. There are also some of the sites like wired.com, which just keep on loading but never ends the loading process. Please help me.

Re: IE9 RC makes nominal font size

There are some key points that you need to take care in such cases. They confess that there's similar concern and caused through this external toward IE (this is fine while sometimes IE team does not need to confess if a problem exists and remain on denying. They will function by means of the third party for addressing this problem. Therefore I estimate that we have to stay for a moment in anticipation that this problem is fixed.

As you told that the problem is started after installing the RC version for the Internet Explorer 9 then I think that the problem is with the installation of that. It might have not installed properly in your computer and that is the reason that you are facing this issue. My suggestion to you is to uninstall that from your computer first and after that install it over again. If the problem was due to the bad installation then this time you will not get any problem with that. So just do it and let me know if this works or not.

This is not only you who are getting this problem. There are many of the users who are facing the same problem. I don’t think that there is some permanent fix for this. Microsoft knows about this problem and they are working on this to resolve and I am sure that they will come out with the solution of this soon. For that time, if you want then you can run the IE9 within compatibility mode intended for Gmail and see if that can solve the problem for you.

I inspected the items on the page using the new F12 IE9 function and saw that the editor font size is set at 75% in the CSS. Since the size of the fonts look fine in Firefox 4 and the latest version of Chrome, I can only speculate that it is the heritage of the font sizes in the information sheets style that is the issue here. by the way, the same difficulty applies to text page when you attempt to put a new google account and I have observed that the difficulty of smaller text which comes into view in some places within Google sites.

The only solution we found was the time for the Vista compatibility purchase by clicking on "Tools> Compatibility View." You can put in Gmail to list of websites Compatibility View and click Tools > Compatibility View Settings and you be able to put in Gmail to the list. Ironically, when setting the font size by Compatibility View, which is then presented with a large red box contains the following warning on the top of the list of gmail.