Thread: Fonts are displayed in italics in IE8

Fonts are displayed in italics in IE8

Hello friends . Greetings to all. I just completed my HSC last week and got a new computer from my parents as it is so important now in today’s world to have a desktop. My operating system is windows 7. I also have an internet access. Now, when I surf the internet, the issue is that the fonts are displayed in italics. I am using internet explorer 8. The font is italic is very irritating and I am not liking it. How can I change it? Thanks for the replies.

Re: Fonts are displayed in italics in IE8

Hi. Going with the basics right and instead of doing extravagant things, try rebooting the system. If luck permits, issue will be resolved. I would also advise you to again install the times new roman. Also, courier new fonts into the fonts folder. Doing what I mentioned, may solve the worry. Also, you can solve the issue by changing the browser. May be you can go for the latest version of firefox, else google chrome is not a bad option at all.

Hi. Follow the steps that I tell you and the issue will be solved. Go to start and then run. N that type C:\windows\fonts. You will then see that the fonts window has opened up. You will have to enter alt and f simultaneously so that the menu is activated. Then in menu, install the new font. Then browse to C folders in the folder dialog. Then select all the folders that you see and install it. Don’t forget to get confirmation from windows permission dialog. Then click on yes option when you see replace file dialog.

Hi. I will suggest you that you go to internet option and see there at the font settings whether the fonts appear in italics. Open internet explorer, Then select tools and go to internet options. Then select fonts. You need to check whether the fonts in the web page fonts and plain text fonts are not in italic style in the display boxes under the selection box. I hope my post gives you some guidance and helps you out in some way or the other .

Hi. I have had the same issue what you have questioned. From my experience I will make out way for you. The solution is that you will have to again install the arial font. For doing that, Go to start and then on the search bar type, C:\windows\fonts\arial.ttf. Then, whichever font file opens, you will see an install button on the top. Click it and once the installation is over the fonts will be no more italic. I hope that you follow the above steps properly and get your desired result.

Hi. I would like to know whether your personal computer an up gradation from XP, an alien ware gaming computer. In that case, there are some different party desktop themes that are not at all compatible with windows 7. Hence, the issue is occurring what you have mentioned. However, there is no question if there is no up gradation from XP. Also, as I read somewhere above that someone told you to change the browser, but that won’t serve the purpose as same thing is happening in google chrome as well as firefox.