Thread: Permanently pin the Favorites Bar to the left side in IE9 after pressing the Alt Key?

Permanently pin the Favorites Bar to the left side in IE9 after pressing the Alt Key?

I wanted my history, bookmarks, favorites; etc must be on the left hand side of the windows as it was in Internet Explorer 8. It is easier for me to see it on left side as because we read from left to right in English. If you press the Alt key is put him there the way I like it, but if I right click on the bar and enter "Lock the toolbars" that still goes once you leave the page. How I can keep permanently?

Re: Permanently pin the Favorites Bar to the left side in IE9 after pressing the Alt Key?

This opens on the right side as well. In addition we currently do not see the button Add to Favorites displayed along with the home page, favorites, and the tool buttons of the beta. The new version is expected to have a bit of a new looked once the final version becomes available. The beta version, but is still in beta and you will see some extra changes before IE 9 is concluding. That's where the "organize" option is obtainable, as well as things like having the navigation menu bar, and other things that are available.

Re: Permanently pin the Favorites Bar to the left side in IE9 after pressing the Alt Key?

I tried that here and as you can see that remains open to the right. This is most likely due to the taste of the beta is running. The 64 bits are used here. The small arrow button at the top right of the favorites move about to the left. It is on the right hand side as default. But after closing and again reopening again it appears at the right side till the time you don’t click the green arrow.

Yes, but then you have the bookmarks bar to make sense. Why do you want to have both the bar and Favorites menu that spans two rows exposed? Yes, you can press CTRL + Shift + I to open the Favorites on the left side, it can do the procedure step 2 to hit the star to the right then deposited on the left, but the point is that there was a problem that is on the left side to begin with, why change what was not broke or in need of fixing? Lock the Toolbars option does not seem to do anything. If anyone knows what it actually does, please enlighten me, because I have yet to see a reason to have it.

The bookmarks bar and bookmarks from IE are two totally different things. The bar is used the most visited sites (such as SF!) While IE Favorites acts as a link library. The bookmarks bar simplifies things when they go and come from various sites without having to perform a drop-down list of sites. For those who use convenience is a little more obvious to them. As for the option to unlock the right button on the "Help" item in the menu bar to control the options there. If you are still running the RC but you have to remove so that the final version is now.

From my point of view makes no sense to open favorites on the right with the option to pin on the left, is how he knew that people still prefer to have always available on the left side. Then there is the issue of those who have stuck to the left, but have no choice but to move to the right without closing and reopening bookmarks. I know what you're saying, I know that the bookmarks bar and menu bar that has favorites are two different things that appear in two separate lines.

Actually when you press alt "File" item on the menu bar is highlighted to make visible the bar. That's typical for any type of window with a menu bar, even in several programs. View> click Explorer Bar on the subject Favorites list is open to the left as you have seen in IE 8. You can also change its size with a single click to the left to keep the inside edge to zoom while open. But will remain open until the click the X to close.