Thread: Windows Media Player 12 Library does not recognize some mp3 files

Windows Media Player 12 Library does not recognize some mp3 files

Hello guys i am having some problem with the listing of some of the mp3 files in the windows media player library. The thing is that all of my mp3 files does get played in the windows media player 12 very well and that too without any issue but when I right click and select properties, on the Media Usage Rights tab it will show that the particular file is missing. that means that the file is not stored in the windows media library. So what should i do in such situation?

Re: Windows Media Player 12 Library does not recognize some mp3 files

It is not possible that the files in the library do not get listed .If it gets played then it must be there in the library. Your observation is not proepr check it out once again, go to the windows media player library and you will find some of the files there. So do have a check there. Still if it si giving you some problem then uninstall the windows media player and reinstall it again. So do as i say and i am sure it will be of lot of help for you.

Have you got any other software's like iTunes, check if that application does recognizes that file or not. if it recognizes then there is some problem with the library of the windows media player, in such situation it is highly advisable to uninstall the windows media player and reinstall it again that will do the trick, however if the files are getting played and that too without any issue then why are you worrying? Cheer up and check with what i have said, it will be helpful.

Yes i do have the iTunes software and in fact iTunes does recognizes the songs very well. The problem is only with the windows media player 12 library only. So that's what i have to say here. Now if we consider this case then according to you the library is the culprit. If it was some other file format then i could have understood that the file might not be supported by the windows media library but here that is not the case it is a simple mp3 file. anyways thanks for all the suggestions.