Thread: QuickTime not working in Opera 11

QuickTime not working in Opera 11

Hello everyone, I am having some problem with opera 11 browser. As I am new with opera 11, when I installed it for the first time on my system, I was quite happy with features provided with it. but there is nothing perfect in the world, I am facing problem with QuickTime player. I am not able to see live streaming with this browser. This is the same problem I was having in other browser, but here also the problem is same. My computer configuration is below:
    • Processor: Intel i7 920
    • RAM: 6gb DDR3
    • Graphic card: ATI 4870X2 2GB

So can anyone tell me what the problem is? Is anything wrong with PC configuration? Thanks a lot in advance. Do reply to this post.

Re: QuickTime not working in Opera 11

Hello, I have seen many cases like this, don’t panic this is common problem with add-on in almost every browser. However I have one solution for you try it and check whether it is working for you or not. This problem happens due to some of the file are being missed at the time of download or installation of plug-in. Follow this path “C:\Program files\QuickTime\plug-in folder” there you will find following files:
    • npqtplugin.dll
    • npqtplugin1.dll
    • npqtplugin2.dll
    • npqtplugin3.dll
    • npqtplugin4.dll
    • npqtplugin5.dll

Copy all above files and paste them to this path “C:\program files\Opera\Program\Plug-in”
    After that reboot opera and check problem is solve or not. All the Best!

Hello everyone, if above steps doesn’t works for you then I have another solution for the same problem. You just have to follow some steps which I am writing below:
    • Go to menu bar of opera browser.
    • Click of Tools, then Preferences and then click on Advanced Tab.
    • After that Click on DOWNLOAD which is on left menu, uncheck the “hidden file open by opera”
    • After that on quick find box type ‘qt’
    • After typing you will be able to see two new files there, among them select that one which associates with “qt, mov” files and click on edit.
    • On clicking on edit, new window will open; at the bottom you will fine “use plug-in” option. And also you will be able to see available plug-in option in which you can see QuickTime plug-in 7.0.2.
    • Select “QuickTime plug-in 7.0.2 and save all setting and exit the opera.

For safety reboot Pc once and check for the problem, solved or not? If you solve your problem, then reply to this post. Thank you.

Hello everyone, as per my experience with opera and plug-in inside it, I can assure you that above 2 methods will surely solve your problem. After using these methods still you find some error using QuickTime then I have one more solution or you can say error verification method to fix the error. Some time it happens that browser does not detects plug-in. to check for error you go to help option in opera, and check for the location on which you have installed plug-in. and see there if it is showing or not. After checking go to tools> advanced> plug-ins and check that QuickTime plug-in and those ‘qt’ and ‘mov’ files are there or not. If it is not there then add them there and restart the Opera and PC. And check your problem is getting solved or not.

Hey thanks a lot friends, I was facing same error from many days, with this error I was not able to see any single video in it. But after taking solution from you all I have solved my problem regarding Opera plug-in. I thought that this problem is occurred due to low graphic card, but I think I was wrong. You all have nowhere mentioned about it. However I have fix my error, it the error of path location, it was not defined there; I have defined it over there. Thanks a lot again friends.