Thread: New tabs error in Internet Explorer 9

New tabs error in Internet Explorer 9

Installed and utilized internet explorer 9 Beta and RC and Final edition but while attempting to unlock a new tab it's empty and attempting to open a new window not anything happens in any way- I repeat, this occurs with every versions. Have since uninstalled totally and reinstalled internet explorer 9 Final but "open new tab" unlocks an empty tab and "open in a new window" doesn't do anything by any means. Attempted Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera etc and they ALL run without any trouble! I would favor to utilize internet explorer 9 but I have no option - it won't work! I was even a part of the IE9 feedback program but as Microsoft can't repeat the error they have blocked my question! Has anybody got any respond? If this is not resolved soon obviously I will not at all be utilizing Internet Explorer again.

Re: New tabs error in Internet Explorer 9

Have you attempted disabling the GPU depiction? Your indication sounds like an environmental problem. So you should attempt it in safe mode or with other clean-boot troubleshooting process. For What It's Worth this sounds somewhat alike to a trouble that users of a few Nvidia utilities reported during the IE7 beta. By the way do you have a link to your statement on Connect so we could see what has previously been checked? In exacting were the lacks of Windows 7 Starter conversed there and whether they might play a role in your indications?

I have just downloaded internet explorer 9 another time, this time using Windows Updates. Tabbed browsing is checked. Software depiction is previously ticked and I cannot uncheck it anyhow? No report on Connect as any suggestions or responds ever prepared, just left for days and days and after that closed because MS could not duplicate it. New install: - similar old, not anything happens to a New Window request and the novel TAB request unlocks with a new tab that is totally empty? Any further suggestions welcome.

Safe mode boots results and other clean-boot troubleshooting testing done, and since I think your hardware could be concerned, what are your video card and drivers? Any supplemental software installed by the producer? Especially for enhancing display functionality? Maybe as well helpful to know manufacturer and model of your appliance, e.g. in case there is previously discussions on manufacturer's site or video card sites regarding indications like this or related to this.

The whole thing at a standstill similar in Safe Mode. Details are: Toshiba NB 300 - 108 TOSH Mini Notebook. 4 GB RAM, Intel MWHC driver. The notebook just has 2 resolutions 800x600 and 1024x600 (I have attempted both but I favor 1024x600 which is on all the time). I have neither setup nor uninstalled any software to perform with the running of the Notebook. The just updates are through Windows Updates or straight from Toshiba through their personal built in Automatic Updates Utility. The fact at a standstill remains, why do all other browsers work but internet explorer 9 not?

tdh777 Guest

Anyone talking about hardware configuration on this problem is completely missing the point !

This is a Internet Explorer SOFTWARE problem. I came here because I have exactly the same problem (and it only started in the last week). The problem started in Internet Explorer 8, and after researching on Google I tried installing IE 9 but the issue remains. I have followed the old instructions on the MSN site for re-registering some DLLs when this same problem occurred in IE 6, but that hasn't helped either.

Clearly it's a registry, or probable error with the MSN javascript processor.

I will post back here when I get it fixed, but all you IGRNOAMUSes telling the original poster to try safe mode and describe his hardware configuration clearly don't understand computers, so just keep your opinions quiet !

Warren
    (IT Professional for 30 years)

tdh777 Guest

Hello friends,

I was right - a registry error in typical Microsoft fashion.

A fix (including testimony from many others who have tried it successfully) can be found at

Please note : you MUST run the script as Administrator on Windows 7 .. the first time I tried I did NOT run as administrator and it didn't fix it... I had to copy and paste the script out of the zip onto the desktop so I could right-click and "run as administrator"..

And please, you people that said ignorant things about hardware and safe mode.. please do NOT get jobs in IT.. you people show how true is the saying "a little knowledge is a dangerous thing" !

Warren
    (IT professional since 1979)

Where is the link?

Quote Originally Posted by MAURIZIO7511326 View Post
    Where is the link?
    Links has been removed, as EXTERNAL links are not allowed on this FORUM. Users can post the process instead of psoting any external links.

Regards.

tdh777 Guest

So for those who want to get a solution , rather than being frustrated by blind obedience to stupid rules, do a google search on INTERNET EXPLORER FAQ REPAIR IE8 and it's the one at the top of the list...

AVG is a known interferer in a few of its configurations too. In any case just having a bit not running is not the similar as being rid of it, particularly things which set their hooks in profound in non-standard ways. As often points out getting rid of remaining sketches of a pre-installed AV can be a key to resolving bizarre symptoms involving internet explorer. I think that McAfee is one of the pre-installed antiviruses which are known not to have a dependable uninstall. So for that there is an individual cleanup tool which you can get.

I have the same problem.
    In the 32 bit version the tabs do not work.
    In the 64 bit version the tabs DO work.

I hope there is a fix - It is driving me nuts.

And

"So for those who want to get a solution , rather than being frustrated by blind obedience to stupid rules, do a google search on INTERNET EXPLORER FAQ REPAIR IE8 and it's the one at the top of the list..."

Does not work.