Thread: IE9 fonts blurry and thicker as compared to IE8

IE9 fonts blurry and thicker as compared to IE8

Hello friends. I hope you all doing well. Well, I have a personal computer at my home. My operating system is windows 7. I also have the internet access. I was using internet explorer 8 until now and it was really superb. Lately, I installed internet explorer 8 and don’t know whether it’s my intuition or what but the fonts really appear fuzzy and thicker as compared to the previous version. Is it an issue or is it by default. Thanks for taking your time out , replying me and sharing the information. .

Re: IE9 fonts blurry and thicker as compared to IE8

Hi. I would like to inform you that clear type adds extra pixels to every dot in the font. This results in bolder as well as smoother fonts. So, I am making a guess that when yo were using internet explorer 8, the clear types was on or not. Also, Internet explorer has by itself added its elucidation and thus making it more harder to read. Thus, by making the setting of clear type on and off, we can see the difference. I hope my explaination helped you in some way.

Firstly, I would like to ask you that are the website fonts appearing fine in compatibility view. If yes, then the issue can be with the website itself. Hence, always you should disable the clear type. You can disable it in the following way that I will explain you now. After opening internet explorer , go to tools and then enter internet options. Then select advanced tabs and then uncheck the always use clear type inside the multimedia option. Then press on ok and again start internet explorer. Now, I guess you will be able to see the fonts fine.

Hi. I would like to enlighten you about the sub pixel fonts of internet explorer 9 . As per my views, it is always right, that web page designs should be always flexible to small differences in fonts. Hence, by this introduction of sub pixel fonts in this version has more positives. Hence, page design will be alike, independent of the device resolutions, zooming or scaling options. Windows direct 2D and direct Write allows such sub pixel fonts. Hence, the fonts concept is a very important step for the future.

Hi. Why don’t you try the true type and smooth screen permutations and combinations. May be the fonts will be fine then. Also, I would suggest you that you should go for the previous version of the internet explorer because there hasn’t been the final release yet of IE9. Also, it does not support, HTML 5’s form elements and also the text shadows of cascading style sheets. However, they are surely moving in the right direction. I hope my post does help you and take you too in the right direction.

Hi. I wish that you had mentioned whether Trebuchet MS font and Segoe UI font also appeared thicker in IE9? Also, did you check out in case there happens to be any pending update? Well, I would imply you that you try to immobilize hardware acceleration. If still the dilemma persists, Then the issue can be with the cascading style sheet 3’s requirement. I hope my post helps you out in some way and guides you in a proper direction. Thanks.