Thread: Wrong icons present in address bar and favorites list of internet explorer 8

Wrong icons present in address bar and favorites list of internet explorer 8

I used the internet explorer 8 with the windows vista ultimate having service pack 2. I am having some of the problem in it; the problem is that some of the site when I visit shows some wrong icons and also the address bar in it. For example the rediff just shows different icon when I see it from the other webpage present in it and also the icon keep on changing the icon design and when they want to do it. But when I do the resetting of the internet setting I have seen that the problem is not present in it, but I have to do it always when I face this kind if this problem.

Re: Wrong icons present in address bar and favorites list of internet explorer 8

I think this is the correct way to clear the cache, it will not help in clearing the browsing history, and also it will not help in delete IconCache.db from \<userprofile>\AppData\Local. This has to be done when the internet explorer is been running in it
    1. In explorer select Tools and then go in Internet Options and then go in browsing history and then delete after that see the temporary internet files and then do the history and cookies.
    2. after this then Start Task Manager by just clicking the tool bar.
    3. in that just select the process "explorer.exe" and after that just click End Process
    4. After doing that just do the Select File, then in New Task type CMD and then type enter.
    5. Now restart the system that is present in it
    Now when you do the above steps then the cache will be cleared and it will be develop again. Hop this will work for you.

Re: Wrong icons present in address bar and favorites list of internet explorer 8

But I am still facing some problem in it. I doing various thing in it and have discovered that it only like to occur with https sites exchange picture roughly. if the HTTP Tab is been opened then just open one more https tab like for example for my rediff account from time to time the picture switch over, I have seen that my email company is seen with the rediff icon and rediff is seen with my company picture in it. The problem occurs at random time and also it is not reproducible.

I started having some of the problem after I just went from the internet explorer 8 to internet explorer 7 which is on a Vista Home system with Norton 360 present in it. Tried clearing the cache, also have been done with examining all in the browsing history, and then tried deleting with no problem in it. I have seen that the drop down box which is present in the IE8 browser is unable to display all image properly, some picture when it is viewed from the Windows toolbar favorites it is unable to use the browser. For example, Google shows the picture from the comcast. If I can verify the properties, Comcast will show a shortcut. If I take away it though, the unique Google icon will come near to the remove message box. in fact, the correct image do survive and do display correctly within the browser , but I is not displaying properly when it is seen from windows vista toolbars below the screen in it.

Thanks for the reply that you have provided to me , I was facing the same problem and I was not able to find any of the solution from it, so the answer that is present in this will be helping for finding the solution that I was going through, also I have seen that the option which was provided in it was working fine in some of the place, but in some place it was not working in other way but finally I was able to come out of the problem that I was facing in it. So thank you to helping me for coming out of the problem.