Thread: Unable to install Internet Explorer 9 or the prerequisite for it

Unable to install Internet Explorer 9 or the prerequisite for it

Hi I am running Windows Vista in my computer. I have been using Internet Explorer 8 from long back and I have liked it pretty much. I recently got to know that the IE 9 was also launched. So I tried to install that version of Internet Explorer in my system. But unfortunately I was unable to do so. Neither I am able to install the Internet Explorer 9 nor the prerequisite of Internet Explorer 9. I am unable to rectify the problem. If anyone have any solution for my trouble then please help me. It will be appreciated.

re: Unable to install Internet Explorer 9 or the prerequisite for it

• Before installing the Internet Explorer 9 you should make sure that your system is meeting the minimum operating system requirements. As you said you are using Windows Vista then you should install the latest service pack available for the same.
    • If the installation of IE 9 doesn’t works from one location then you should probably try to install Internet Explorer 9 from an alternate location.
    • You should make sure that all the Internet Explorer 9 prerequisites are downloaded and installed. Also check that the Internet connection is working fine when you are installing Internet Explorer 9.
    • If installation of any updates or a restart is pending then make sure it gets complited befor the installation process begins.

You should download the latest version of Service Pack for Windows Vista from the official website of Microsoft. If you are one of the Windows 7 users, then you must have a release Genuine copy of windows 7 installed in your system. Internet Explorer 9 will not install on any pre-released or Non-Genuine copies of Windows 7. Always remember that the previous update installation process need to get completed. Once it is over, you should try to install IE 9. Remember to restart your system after every installation update and before installing the Internet Explorerr9

It is always noticed that you need to restart your windows to complete installations, so always remember to restart your window to complete your previous installations. Unless you are done with this, you won’t be able to install the Internet Explorer 9 in your system. Perform a complete Reboot of your system and then install the IE9. You should temporarily disable the antispyware and antivirus software for time being, to install the Internet Explorer 9. Once the installation of IE9 is complete enable the antispyware and the antivirus again.

Re: Unable to install Internet Explorer 9 or the prerequisite for it

Finally with the help of you guys, I am able to install the new Internet Explorer 9 in my system. I was really tired of uninstalling and reinstalling the Internet Explorer 9 setup in my system. This was probably my last try to solve the problem. If it would have not, then I must have ended uninstalling it and installing some other web browser like Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox 4 in my system. It seems like some programs especially antivirus does not allow installing Internet Explorer 9 properly. I disabled them for once and then tried installing and surprisingly it did install without much issues. Anyways thanks for time and solutions.