Thread: How to turn on the WebGL in Mozilla Firefox 4 beta?

How to turn on the WebGL in Mozilla Firefox 4 beta?

I am hoping that you have figured out what question I am going to ask over here. Well I want to ask very simple questions to all the users of this particular forum. Let me know how can I turn on WebGL on the Firefox beta version. If you are having any idea regarding the query of mine. Please post your query as early as possible. I am waiting for the prompt replies of yours. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: How to turn on the WebGL in Mozilla Firefox 4 beta?

Well looking at the situation which you have provided over here I am suggesting following steps which you can use to fix the problem of yours.
    • First of all you need to enter about:config on the browser of yours.
    • Now right click on the same and select New Boolean.
    Into resulting window you need to enter window.
    Code:
     webgl.enabled_for_all_sites  Enable = True
    Finally you need to restart the browser and I am hoping that it will help you to fix the problem of yours.

I have noticed that pref webgl.enabled_for_all_sites is not longer used on the Firefox 4. I have found the following code.
    Code:
    webgl.disabled (f)(global)
    webgl.enabled (t)
    webgl.force-enabled (f)
    webgl.force_osmesa (f)
    webgl.prefer-egl (u)
    webgl.prefer-native-gl (f)
    you should try to toggle the pref webgl.prefer-native-gl to true. I am not sure that the steps which I have provided would work for you but I you should try the same.

I want to recommend something if you are having an issue with the WebGL. Well you need to set the pref webgl.verbose to true in order to view the error message in to the Error Console of the Tools menu. I am suspecting that it is happening due to the unsupported graphic card. You should enable the Error Console by simply pref devtools.errorconsole.enabled true. Now see whether it is working or not. let me know the results.

I am highly suspecting that the this particular thing is happening due to graphic card driver issue. Well I recommend that you should update the drivers of the graphic card which you have installed on the computer. I let you know that you should visit the official website of the graphic card manufacturer and simply look for the updated graphic card driver and download the same on the computer. after doing the same you should install the graphic card drivers and reboot the computer of yours.

I want to discuss some really information which you can use to fix the problem of yours. Well I let you know that the WebGL requires OpenGL ES 2.0 on the computer. so you should get it and installed the same. In case you are unable to get the same you need to try with OpenGL Emulators like OSMESA32.dll. if it is not helping you out then you need make webgl.software_rendering to true. After doing the same you will not have an issue.