Thread: Firefox 4 unable to load websites but IE and other browsers can

Firefox 4 unable to load websites but IE and other browsers can

Hello friends . I have a personal computer at my place. I have been using it for around 6 months now. Also, I regularly surf the internet and keep changing the browsers as per my wish. However, in the last week or so, I am not able to load websites on firefox 4. I don’t know what the problem is? Also, the strange thing is that other browsers and internet explorer work fine. Can anyone please help me and let me know how can I fix such an issue. I hope this is not any intentionel step by Microsoft.I am using windows 7. Anyways, Thanks in advance.

Re: Firefox 4 unable to load websites but IE and other browsers can

Hi. Firstly, download sdfix tool from the internet. In the drive in ehich your windows is installed, copy sdfix folder to systems root drive. Again start window and enter F8. Safe mode should be selected and hit enter. Now go to C drive and open sdfix folder. Start sdfix batch file by double clicking on run. Then type Y to go to next step. Thus files and processes will be scanned.After scanning process is complete, again start the computer. Thus, process will be over now and the report will be displayed. I guess following the above process will solve the issue.

Hi. I would like to tell you whether you have used a antivirus or malware software and tried do a scanning process. Just check whether firefox settings is in direct connection with the internet and there is no manual proxy settings. Also check that ipconfig runs properly, if not then there is a concern. Also I am takig into consideration that you do not have a switch proxy tool installed, reason being , firefox may be hanged as it has an auto update feature.

Hi. My piece of advice will be that in the firefox options menu, just see whether the settings are automatically detect settings. In case, then enter them in a manual way. In case it doesn’t turn out to be positive response, then again set it to auto and then have a look on firewall config. Also, you can again istall operating system. Go to start, then run and enter netsh winsock reset. Then reboot and finally complete the whole process and may be proxies will be erased and and hence firefox will be finally connected.

The issue can be solved by undoing the firewall and in the process restore your computer. One more option would be try deleting the cookies for the affected sites. Also there is one more option. You can try to disable IPV6. That may solve the issue. Also try to make a new firefox profile . You can also, go to start and enter ipconfig/flushdns. If you don’t run command as administrator then function will fail. Then go to tools , then option and advanced. Finally in the network tab remove the offline storage.

Hi. I would like to bring to your notice that there are 2 data linking libraries in the system which provide system stability. They have no fixed names and infact they can be any non sequential line of words. So, it is very important to check it out. In that case you need to download spybot and clean up the whole system. I won’t say this is the best solution but you can surely give a try, may be if luck permits, it will help you out.