Thread: Firefox 4 doesn’t crash with windows xp3 but leaves many dmp files

Firefox 4 doesn’t crash with windows xp3 but leaves many dmp files

Hello people. I hope you all are doing fine. Well, I owe a personal computer, had got as a token of love from dad last week. Anyways, I have firefox 4 installed in my computer. I guess it’s the latest version. My operating system is windows xp3. It’s been all fine and everything works fine. But, the only problem is that when I clean up I find lots of dmp files. What are these dmp files ? Why are they appearing? Do let me know.

Re: Firefox 4 doesn’t crash with windows xp3 but leaves many dmp files

Whenever an application crashes and then makes an exception code, that time dump files are created. It lets you know what line and or in that case the memory area at which the program has crashed. Thus dump files are created by blue screen of the windows and then they are by default .dmp files. If you see the dump file, you can fix the error by having a look on the area of line or memory that had caused exception. You can also pass it on to the company to which the application belongs, they will enlighten you with the worry.

Hi. I would like to confirm it whether dump files are present in documents and settings. Does it show that the break down reports are still pending and must be overflowed by the . dmp files . In that case, I guess that you can also be able to watch something like .extra files. I am making an assumption on this. If so, then you need to open the .extra files with the help of text editor and you will then be able to see the information of the crash related with each and every dump file.

This is really unusual and something unheard of what you have mentioned. However, you can get crash signatures. Also, keep in mind for your knowledge, in case if needed in future, you can get crash signatures even if firefox 4 is not working, it can be done with the help of an substitute browser which will be in working condition. The offendor can be npmozx.dll file. Hence, you will have to unable Mozilla active x control and thus your issue will be resolved and you wont see any .dmp or .extra files in the pending folder.

Hi. I am very much satisfied with the above solution and would like to continue the discussion and will guide you how to get rid of Mozilla active x plugin. Firstly, you will have to close all the instances of the browser. Then , move to installation directory and from there go to plugin folder and remove the npmozax.dll files. Then you will have to again go to installation directory and from there go to components folder and remve the files which are named as nsIMozAxPlugin.xpt & nsAxSecurityPolicy.js. Then open the default folder from installation directory and remove active.js file by opening pref folder.

Hi. Congratulations for your computer which you have got is recently. I would like to know that, are something’s more being created there and you can see. Also, are the things in any connection with firefox 4. Also, I would like to know whether these files are within the Firefox 4 profile. I know this is not the exact solution what you are looking for but I have asked these questions because I myself have firefox 4 installed and my Operating system is windows xp like you. So, why not check it out.