Thread: Addon icons are disappearing in Mozilla Firefox 4

Addon icons are disappearing in Mozilla Firefox 4

I have installed Firefox 4 on the computer of mine. As the title suggest which I am going to ask over here. Well I was having the same problem with all the previous version of the Firefox. I have installed the number of addons and whenever I customize the same and place the icons for the addons bars which at the top of the browser. I have noticed that it all the icons are missing and I need to customize the same. Let me know why this happening and let me know the solution for the same.

Re: Addon icons are disappearing in Mozilla Firefox 4

Well looking at the situation which you have provided over here I am suggesting the following steps which you can use to fix the problem of yours. you need to go for View and go for Toolbars and go for Customize. A panel will open on the screen. In that particular panel you simply drag and drop the item which is important for you. I am hoping that the thing which I have mentioned over here would be helpful to you.

I think the browser which you have installed is unable to save the preferences of yours. I am suspecting that this particular issue would be happening due to the some third party program which is installed on the computer. mostly I have seen that this particular issue happens when you have installed third party security program on the computer. so I recommend that you should disable the same and see whether there is any difference in the situation.

In this particular problem you need to configure the configuration file of the Firefox. You can use the following instruction to fix the problem of yours.
    1. On the top of the Firefox window you need click on the Help and simply choose the Troubleshooting Information.
    2. In to the Application Basics and click on the Open Containing folder. Your profile would open on the screen.
    3. Now exist the browser and simply launch the user.js file on notepad.
    4. You should make desired changes in the file and save the same.

Once you have done all above mentioned thing you will be able to modify the settings of the Firefox.

After quick googling I have noticed that the JavaScript files which are used into addons is breaking the Firefox. The namespace in to the Firefox addons is used as global which means that you are using the name which is already existing and which is causing conflict. Defining global variables is a way to risk the collisions with the other extensions. I am wondering that the creating a new global variable per extension is unique enough. The basic concept is wrapping the content into the JS file into the scope which is represented by the function.

The JavaScript which is used in the addons is making an attempt to access the DOM just before the load event fires then it will trigger the XBL binding on the affected nodes just before the overlay loading has been finished. When the toolbar XBL binds attempting to restore the custom toolbar. However to make the thing working it should have the loaded the buttons which are available on the palette. You need to do something which will prevent the access of DOM.

I am doubting that the preference file is corrupted on the browser of yours. well you need to locate the prfes.js file on the computer. you should delete the file and also delete the file prefs-n.js file from the computer. you should also delete all the Invalidprefs.js file if it is existing on the browser. Now finally you need to restart the Firefox and after doing the same you will find that the all the preferences would be reset.