Thread: How to remove old programs from Add-ons in Mozilla Firefox 4?

How to remove old programs from Add-ons in Mozilla Firefox 4?

I have Windows Vista on my system and Mozilla Firefox 4 is my default web browser, previously I was using Mozilla Firefox 3.6.15 I had the same problem with that version too, and I upgraded to Firefox 4.0 and yet I am facing same problem. My problem is have some Java console programs (6.2.20 6.2.21 6.2.22) in Add-ons and I am not able to clear up or remove those programs From Add-ons I think I have to reinstall the firefox, is there any other solution to this problem. Please help,

Re: How to remove old programs from Add-ons in Mozilla Firefox 4?

Well I am using the Windows XP and I had same problem with Mozilla Firefox 3.6.15 and I was not able to remove the Java console programs, I had to do it manually if there is no Uninstall button for these Java console programs then close the firefox and then right click on firefox icon reopen firefox by slecting the menu “Run as administrator”. Hope this will work for you now you will see the uninstall option for Java console.

Yeah right I you can uninstall those Java console directly after updating them even once if you don’t get the uninstall option after running firefox as administrator then there is one more thing you can do manually, First you have to open installation directory “extension” folders and delete the particular folder of Java program like if you installed firefox in C drive then in C drive go to programs files and then in Mozilla firefox open the “extensions” and delete the particular sub folder of Java console. Hope this will work for you, Best of luck.

Well Thanks for posting this thread I am using Windows XP with Mozilla Firefox 3.6.15, and I was facing exactly the same problem as I did not wanted to use those Java console programs which were installed in my Add-ons, it would be better to delete those programs rather than keeping those in Add-ons which some what slows down the performance of firefox. And I used the first Method and it worked for me I just clicked on “run as administrator” and I was able to uninstall the programs.

Hello guys it’s me again, first of all I want to thank this site and the users of this site because no other portals have such quick response on the users query. I haven’t got any any reply on other sites and here I got the solution so quickly. As I did not wanted to use those programs so I decided to delete the folders directly so I used the second method and yes it worked for me. Thanks a lot guys to taking so much concern on my query.