Thread: Unable to clear the recent history in Mozilla Firefox 4.

Unable to clear the recent history in Mozilla Firefox 4.

Guys I have some problem with the Mozilla Firefox. I am having Windows XP and I use Mozilla for surfing purpose. I have upgraded Firefox to Mozilla Firefox 4.0 version around 10 days back and I had no issues while using it. But from last week there is some problem with this Internet browser whenever I try to clear the recent history it hangs and I get a message on the screen "script:chrome://browser/content/sanitize.js:136” and I have to stop this scrpit to continue without any other option. Please help,

Re: Unable to clear the recent history in Mozilla Firefox 4.

I have faced such type of problem while using Firefox, It was working perfectly for me but the version was Mozilla Firefox version 3.6, In my case browser had started getting hanged when I tried to delete history but it wasn’t due to some problem in Mozilla, it was due the Plug ins I have downloaded on Firefox. Because the script block you are getting works with plug in history clean-up , So have you downloaded or upgraded any Plug ins in the last week.

Hey dude I had the same problem with my Mozilla Firefox 4, so I searched a lot on internet, I searched about it on Google and as well as on Mozilla Firefox site and on this forums site too and the easiest solution I found out is You have to close all Firefox tabs and firefox windows, and now cancel and delete all the downloads.SQLite in profile directory which are running , don’t worry when the firefox will start again it will create a new one. And you will be able to delete recent history without getting that error message and without hanging the firefox.

Dude I had the same problem and I was looking for the solution of this error on firefox from very long time, I found the solution on this site only in other users post. First, the file path for firefox downloads is %APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\%PROFILENAME%\downloads.sqlite and renamed the file but it did not worked for me. Then I tried to delete history by checking only one check box at a time and in the end I cleared the “Cookies”, clear the cookies in the end, It will definitely work.

Buddy I was getting the same error on my Firefox 4 first my browser was getting hanged then "script:chrome://browser/content/sanitize.js:136” this error message and I have to stop the running script. Then after reading this topic and first solution I tried this thing clicked on “Tools” Then in “Add-ons” go to “Plugins” and disabled the Plugings and after restarting the browser the error was gone but I guess this not the proper solution, so I visited the Mozilla site and checked the plugin details and updated all the plugins which were out of date and it worked after restarting the firefox. Thanks for posting this thread.

Thanks a lot guys for posting so quick, because I wanted this solution as soon as possible as I did not wanted to peak in my recent history details. So thanks guys, after first post I disabled all the plug ins then I was not getting the error but even I thought that is not a exact solution but after reading the last post I have updated all the Plugins and restarted the browser after that I am able to delete the recent history content, thanks a lot guys.

Hi. I have same problem, and Im not very tech savy. Where do I go in Mozilla to update plugins?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fast1966 View Post
    Where do I go in Mozilla to update plugins?
    If you are working with Firefox 4 than , go to Tools from the menu bar and click on Add-Ons. Now of the left side, click on Plugins. than on the right side uppur part of the window, you will see a button with Seetings. Click on the same and click on check for updates. Thats it.

thankyou