Thread: How to delete autofill data on Mozilla Firefox 4

How to delete autofill data on Mozilla Firefox 4

Hi I recently downloaded the latest Mozilla Firefox 4 and installed it in my system. I am sort off liking the look and feel of the new version of Mozilla browser. The only thing which is confusing me is, that I am unable to find any option in Mozilla to delete the autofill data. I don’t wish to keep autofill data and wish to delte them. Does anyone know where the option in Mozilla Firefox 4 to delete the autofill data is? Suggestions will be appreciated. So please come with your solutions and help me. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to delete autofill data on Mozilla Firefox 4

I am not sure whether this process will help in deleting the autofill data permanently but it definitely helped me to hide the existing autofill data. It also helped me in preventing collection of new data in my system. You just need to navigate to the following path:
    • Click on Tools menu option on the menu bar.
    • Click on the Clear Recent History option in the drop down list.
    • Click on the Show Details button and uncheck the Form & Search History checkbox.
    • Click Ok and no more data will be stored.
    • Rechecking the checkbox will display the autofill date which already existed.

It is very easy to delete history, cache, autofill data in the Mozilla Firefox 4.
    • Click on the Tools tab in the menu bar
    • Click on “Options”.
    • Select Privacy tab from the appeared “Options” window.
    • Choose Use “Custom settings for history” from the combo-box next to the Firefox will:
    • Uncheck the “Remember Search and form History” checkbox and finally click OK button.

These few steps will make possible to delete the autofill data and prevent form saving any autofill data in future.

There are many softwares available which can help you to delete history, cache, autofill data without much effort. You can for the same on internet. One such software which I usually use to delete all these unwanted data is CCleaner. You can search for it in Internet and download its setup file from the official website of CCleaner. Install it and restart your system. Once you done with this just start application and perform the task you wish to do. It is very helpful in many things.

I am still surprised how come I was not able to find these options before. Thanks for your quick and genuine replies. They were really helpful to me. All thanks to you people that I came to know how I can clear my history, cache, autofill data and others. You people are really a life saver for me. I even downloaded the CCleaner software and must say it is very helpful and powerful software. I can even clean up my registry and get rid of my old compressed files which I was finding little difficult to delete. All in all your replies were amazing so thanks again.