Thread: Refresh Button missing in Mozilla Firefox 4

Refresh Button missing in Mozilla Firefox 4

I recently installed the Mozilla Firefox 4 in my PC running Windows Vista. I have used other browsers like Google Chrome and Internet Explorer a lot and had the habit of using the refresh button provided in them. But I was surprised to see that nothing like this existed in the Mozilla Firefox 4. I am unable to understand what the matter with my version of Mozilla is. Is there something wrong with it? Or the Mozilla have no refresh button in it. Anybody has got answer to my queries then please help me with your suggestions and replies. Thank you in advance.

Re: Refresh Button missing in Mozilla Firefox 4

The Refresh button is not missing from the new Mozilla Firefox 4. The Mozilla Firefox 4 is a bit more advanced and it had made few simple looking things very complicated like this Refresh button thing. Firefox 4 is using a combined Stop/Go/Refresh button which is located at the right end of the location or the URL bar. When the page is loading, this button shows a Stop button and once the page is done loading, the same button name changes to Reload button. And the same button turns to Go button when type anything in the location bar or the URL text field. If you are having a mouse with a scroll button in the middle then clicking that middle button on the Reload button will create a duplicate of the current page and open it on the new tab.

I do feel the need for a specific Refresh/Reload button in your browser menu or interface but we have got shortcut keys in our computer or laptop keyboard to refresh/reload the web pages. You just have to tap on the F5 function key and it will Refresh your current tab of your browser. And F5 works well with almost every Operating System of Windows (XP, Vista, 7). I know this is really irritating of Mozilla Firefox 4 creators to complicate such a simple thing so much, and I also wish it will be solved in their next update.

Do the following steps to make Reload/Refresh button appear in your browser window if it is missing.
    • Right-click on the toolbar area of the Mozilla Firefox 4 browser window and select Customize Windows from the list of options in the right-click window.
    • Customize toolbars Window will appear.
    • You can add and remove various items from the toolbar by dragging them from and to the Customize toolbar.
    • If you can’t see the icon which you want to restore to the windows browser then you can choose the Restore Default Set" button to restore your browser to its default setting.

Sometimes it is difficult to locate the toolbar area in Mozilla Firefox 4 if the Menu bar and toolbars are hidden. You should probably unhide it first. You can do it by the following these steps:
    • Press Alt key or press F10 function key to make the Menu Bar appear temporarily.
    • Go to View >> Toolbars and tick on Menu bar by checking or clicking on it. This will make it permanent on the Mozilla browser.
    • Now you should make sure that “Navigation Toolbar” and “Bookmarks Toolbar” is visible. You can do so by going to View > Toolbars and check the navigation toolbar and the bookmark toolbar.
    • Finally follow the above solution to make the Reload/Refresh button visible.

Everthing was just in front of my eyes and I was panicking so much for no reason. Though the new features of Mozilla Firefox 4 are amazing but by changing few basic things like this integration of Refresh/Reload/Go button all together have left many people like me into confusions. I would prefer things to be simple and sweet rather than making them complicated and having trouble in even understanding them. Anyways thank you guys for your replies they were really helpful. If you guys hadn’t replied to my thread, I would have ended up uninstalling this amazing Mozilla Firefox 4 browser. Once again thanks a lot.