Thread: Unable to access all the features of Mozilla Firefox 4

Unable to access all the features of Mozilla Firefox 4

I have read reviews and seen videos related to the new Mozilla Firefox 4 and must say it looked very impressive and attractive to me. So I decided to upgrade my Firefox 3.3 to Firefox 4. After installation I even restarted my system but could not distinguish any change from the previous version. There was no Firefox button, neither was the awesome bar shown in the video of Mozilla Firefox was working. Also the page Reload/Stop is not combined as shown in the reviews. I am unable to see the features I saw in the video. What could be the reason behind this? Any suggestions, please Help me.

Re: Unable to access all the features of Mozilla Firefox 4

You should check if you have installed the proper version of Mozilla Firefox in your system or not. You can check it by Opening the Mozilla Firefox 4 browser and then going to Helps tab and selecting the “About” option. There are chances that you must have failed in updating to Firefox 4. Please check your internet connection before updating your Mozilla Firefox. Make sure you have a proper internet connection and your internet speed is not down. Once you done with updating, restart your system so that the changes can come into effect.

You should update the current version of Mozilla Firefox installed in your system either directly from the Mozilla browser or you should download the latest version of Mozilla Firefox from its official website rather than any random site. If you download the new version from any random sites, there are chances that you could have downloaded some random file which must be corrupted or something like that. Once you are done downloading the latest version of Mozilla Firefox 4, install it. Don’t forget to restart your computer after the installation.

Hey friends, thanks for your quick replies. But sorry to say you people that it did not helped me in any ways. My internet connection is working fine and I am sure that I have updated from Mozilla Firefox 3.6 to Firefox 4.0. As you suggested, I even checked the version of Firefox that is installed and it was 4.0 only. Still I was unable to see the features that were shown in the videos. So I uninstalled the Firefox and downloaded the latest version of it from Mozilla’s official website. Once the installation was done, I installed it and checked if some changes occurred or not. But unfortunately it is d same as before in the earlier update that I had done. Does anyone know what the problem is? Please Help.

I am not sure about it but according to me your system has got infected with virus. That is why updates are not working in your system. You should probably perform a complete scan of your system and get rid of viruses and germs if found any. And if your system files have got infected then I fear you have to reinstall your Operating system. Always remember to keep your antivirus or antimalware or antispyware updated so that your system is not attacked by any virus or Trojan in future. Also always perform complete scan of your system from time to time.

If the problem is only with the Google toolbar extension, so I would suggest you to verify the cause of the problem before you perform any action. You can do the verification by disabling the Google toolbar extension and checking if the problem exists or not. There is a high chance that disabling will solve your problem but then the toolbar will not be available for further use. Just try to search result in the Google toolbar and instead of clicking on the suggested result, go to it by using your down key and press enter. It may help you as it has done for me. If this is also not working then for temporary fix I can suggest you to disable the Google toolbar and install Googlebar LIte.