Thread: Windows Live Hotmail was not able to complete this request

Windows Live Hotmail was not able to complete this request

I am having the email account at hotmail and just started getting issues with this. Actually, I am not able to send any email to any email ID. Whenever I try to send the email then it shows me the message which is as follows:

"Windows Live Hotmail was not able to complete this request. Microsoft may contact you about any issues you report"

I don’t know that what is the reason behind this and how can I solve the issue. If you know the reason or the solution for this then please share that with us. I will be thankful for your suggestions.

Re: Windows Live Hotmail was not able to complete this request

This can be the problem with the antivirus that you are having installed on your computer. It is possible that the antivirus in your computer is not letting it to communicate with the server and for that reason you are getting this message. So if you wish to check that then you can just disable the antivirus and then try to send the email. If this time, it get sent without any error message then it will confirm that the problem was the antivirus. So go to the settings of the antivirus and reduce the security level or do the appropriate changes so that it should not come in the way to communicate with the server.

Do you have a large number of the emails in your inbox. If yes then you must delete them all. If not all then, delete all the emails that are in your mailbox without any use and make the total number of emails as minimum as possible. After that logout form your account and again login. Now try to send the email again. I have seen some of the similar cases where doing this solves the issue and I hope that it will do the same for you. Please reply if that does not help you.

I think that Windows Live Solution Center is the best place to get the solution for your problem. If you want to get there then click on this link and it will open the Windows Live Solution Center web page. Select the problem section and proceed to the solution of the issue accordingly. If you got the solution for this then please post back over here so that other users can take the benefit of that who are also searching for the similar problem.

I know that there are very less chances for this but it might be the browser that you are using to access the internet. If you want to check that then you can try to make use of some other browser to see if that is also showing you the same thing. There are many browsers available on internet but the best that I can recommend you is the Firefox or Opera. These are the two browsers which are very famous at the time. If you search for them on google then you will easily get the download link for them. So it will not be a bad idea to try this once and see the results.

You can try to login with some other ID if you are having two IDs. If not then you can try to login with someone else ID and see if that is showing you the same thing. If there is no problem with the other ID then it will ensure that the problem is with your account. Now you will have to login to your account from some other computer and then change your password from there. After that again try to login with your Id and new password to your account.