Thread: Suggest some software to balance the Internet connection load

Suggest some software to balance the Internet connection load

Hello guys I am running a cyber cafe where people some for surfing as well as for gaming. I am looking for a software which will balance the load on an internet connection in my cafe, as I can’t afford the hardware, I have seen software in which a computer is used as gateway in place of router but if I want to reset that PC then all other connection will also be affected. I am looking for software on server side which will take record of bandwidth used. And software on client side to download the statics from server and limit the given bandwidth. And it should also monitor usage and it should report to server as well, because in cyber café due to one connection other connections also get killed. So if anybody have some good suggestion or solution for this please share.

Re: Suggest some software to balance the Internet connection load

Dude I think you will easily find this type of software on Google, just enter the right keywords there will be many suggestion for you. But these software are not that cheap so you have to do little bit of more hunting for the software. I can suggest you one software which we used in our small office to take record of network usage. It’s called DU meter i.e Download / Upload meter, it’s very cheap and have very simple and little GUI , it will monitor the bandwidth. And it’s free for first 3weeks on demo version. It will show which person is pulling the more bandwidth.

I have just gone through your topics and what I have found is you’re not looking for internet load balancing I think you are looking for bandwidth restriction. Load balancing means when you have couple of internet connection and you want to use both of them at a time. And here you are looking for bandwidth restriction by IP no., port, adaptor, usage statistics etc. And as you said that you can’t put much amount of money for this then this will be the better solution for you. You can use any old computer as router using Linux router distros , and on that computer router and gateway update will be free.

Guys thanks for your response, first I did Google about that software but I did not found any result which was suitable for my requirements. They results I had found was mostly related to the hardware and some of them were related to computer gateway based. I have to try DU thanks for that suggestion. And thanks for the suggestion of Linux on old computer but first I want to try DU may be I get the feature for which I was looking. Anyways guys, thanks a lot, any other suggestion please.

Well I can suggest you the name of some software which may work for you. First, go to netlimiter web site and they have given the detailed description about the software. Another option is winroute firewall it has got two features load balancing as well as bandwidth management this is a very good software for sharing the internet connection. But personally I will recommend you ProteMAc meter which I am using, you can have a look on its feature on the website of ProteMac . You can use which anyone of them according to your need.

RNaruto Uzumak Guest

That’s so nice of you guys, thanks a lot for giving me so many suggestions about the software. I was not able to find these on google thanks for sharing your personal experience too, I am currently using the DU meter just got familiar with its feature then I will definitely have a look on all the above softwares and in the end I will option of Linux on old computer too, So thanks for giving me variety of suggestions. Thanks guys,