Thread: POP3 Password Box "Greyed Out" in Outlook 2007

POP3 Password Box "Greyed Out" in Outlook 2007

Friends, I was just trying to configure the Outlook 2007 installation because I was needed to retrieve my mail from the POP3 account. I went to the "Change Email Account" window and stuck at that page. I was not able to type in the password as the password box was not accessible. It was in gray color that means that the box is inactive. I have tried all the things that I know to solve the problem but all that were just waste of time. If you know that how can I resolve this issue then please let me know that way. Thank you!!!

Re: POP3 Password Box "Greyed Out" in Outlook 2007

You can try to make use of the Outlook in the safe mode and see if that is working fine in safe mode. If that is not showing you any problem in safe mode then the problem might be with the third party addin which is preventing the outlook to run without any problem. If you want to check that then just open the Trust Centre addins and from there make a note of the addins that is not from the Microfost. This can be taken as one of the most possible reasons for this and I wish that this will solve the issue as well.

Hey, you jhare not the only one who is facing this issue. There are many more users who are having the same issue. I was also facing the same thing earlier but was manage to resolve the problem. Actually what I did was to change the DWORD "EnableRememberPwd" value from 0 to 1. This is in the registry key as HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Outlook\Security. Try this out and reply back if that was able to solve the issue for you. If yes then it will help other users with the same problem and if it does not solve the problem then we can provide you some alternate solution for this.

The very first thing that I can guess at the time is that your system is infected with the virus and so it is showing you that problem. If you want to check that then you will have to disable the security software from your computer and then try to do that. If this time password field works fine then it will confirm that the problem is with the security software and that can solve your issue.

It might be your browser that is showing you that problem. What is the browser that you are using that? If you want to check that then you will have to install some other browser and see if that can solve the problem for you. There are many of the browsers available and you will get many of the results if you search for it. But the main browser ht I wish to recommend at the time is the Firefox or the Opera. So download and install that to see if that can resolve the problem.