Thread: Facebook No longer for User

Facebook No longer for User

Recently I heard some rumors online saying that Facebook is no longer free for the users. They are going to start a $10 charge for each account. This is really very sad. I never hoped this is going to happen someday. Everyone know Facebook is a very large open community and then definitely this will force a maximum number of users to withdraw their interest. I am still trying to search for the most official news on this but till yet Facebook has not said anything on this. What you think if this happens will you use Facebook or not. Right now there is a testing going on in US where users are also provided with unlimited cloud storage to upload photos and videos.

Re: Facebook No longer for User

That is really awful. It is just a bad advertisement where you first allow a million of users to join your community and then suddenly one morning you said to pay monthly charge on that. That is a ridiculous news. I will better switch to Orkut or any other social networking site. I am use to Facebook but not ready to pay for the same. It is better if I subscribe to some better service where I can benefit. Facebook is just a meet and chat type site which is already found on other site also.

I had also heard the same. My friend got a news in his mail about the same and he forwarded me. What this says that we might to pay Rs. 450 as monthly charge for Facebook. Facebook not discontinue your account if you do not pay. All will happen is limiting your activities. There are two versions on that. The first is the Free one and the second is Pro one. So in that if you don't pay you use the Free version. That will allow you limited access. In Free account you can post your photos and link but you can only see a Thumbnail view on that. This idea must be taken from imageshack. And in complimentary you will get lots of big banner ads and popups.

That is not a great news at all. I have a long list of friends online. But anyhow we can continue with the free version also. All is that in Pro you get limitless access to the account where you can share and view videos with your friends. But as per what I found that for me Rs. 450 a month is a kind of costly deal. I prefer Facebook might not go for such option. It can drive a much number of traffic to other free social networking sites.

That is really not a good news about Facebook. I am very much addicted to facebook games and when it will become paid then the best option for me is to withdraw my interest. It is possible that Facebook might want to enter in commercial market as other sites do. I hope that Microsoft might come up with Social networking site like how they introduced Bing. This time there is really a need for something new.

I don't think so that this might ever happen. Facebook is a very large open community. Facebook is already charging for some games and for some games upgrades and some users too pay for that. For subscription type thing, it might still stay open for all of us. Facebook is use widely around the world and there are millions of users still want to join it. Most of the companies users facebook as medium of gaining traffic.

idea Re: Facebook No longer for User

i surly hope not coz well i for one will withdraw my facebook membership
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Samuel Salt View Post
    Recently I heard some rumors online saying that Facebook is no longer free for the users. They are going to start a $10 charge for each account. This is really very sad. I never hoped this is going to happen someday. Everyone know Facebook is a very large open community and then definitely this will force a maximum number of users to withdraw their interest. I am still trying to search for the most official news on this but till yet Facebook has not said anything on this. What you think if this happens will you use Facebook or not. Right now there is a testing going on in US where users are also provided with unlimited cloud storage to upload photos and videos.

They need to make something in order to be a $1 000 000 000 000 company.

Selling air in a vacuum.