Thread: IS "Internet gateway" - NOT A TYPO! Known as Microsoft ERROR?

IS "Internet gateway" - NOT A TYPO! Known as Microsoft ERROR?

I can connect to a wireless router, and I do not share my connection with anyone else. I have Verizon FiOS fiber Internet service. After running a setup of their own, I noticed an icon (two computers) that appears in my system tray that said "Internet Gateway" if you hovered over it. Sometimes, it would show "connected", but most of the time it would show "off" (if it is presented at all). Lately it has been appearing a lot, and appears as "connected." My concert has also been affliction, so I determined to look further intimately at this "Internet Gateway." I tried to click "disconnect", but not to obey. When you click on "State", a box appeared showing "Internet" (balloon), "My Computer" and "Internet Gateway."

Re: IS "Internet gateway" - NOT A TYPO! Known as Microsoft ERROR?

Hello same question from me. I would not place it precedent Microsoft to enable a spelling error and slip through the production (and never fix it with any service packs or updates), but also makes me suspect that someone had created a piece of malware that resembled Internet gateway, but the bad things and refused to be disabled. Can anyone confirm for me this is a legitimate Microsoft error of spelling, or if I really should suspect this process as malware?

Yes, that's the way to go. Even if you think you have UPnP enabled, you can be sure that it is not. When Microsoft primary establish UPnP, several people a little paranoid (including the FBI) said they should be disabled on the computer of all. Steve Gibson, who some might say is things like this a little too hard, apparently, is still based on 10 years later, and has a simple utility to convert UPnP on and off. I hope now you are clear with some part of your doubt. Thank you.

Are you in no doubt that this icon is an authentic Windows icon? It appears to me that it is most likely part of the FIOS/Gateway/Router setup programs and has not anything to do through the Operating System (Microsoft) per-se. because according to my knowledge I never heard about any kind of problem like this. So I don’t think it’s an issue of Microsoft. But still is you have a doubt then make an internet search. And if you found any knowledge about this then share your knowledge with us. Thank you.

Thanks for responding. Since I posted, I restarted the computer in Safe Mode and was able to disable the annoying so gateway through MSCONFIG. Before that, I had to sprint the Windows Live OneCare Safety, and found nothing that ID'ed as malware. Should have thought of taking screenshots before I just 86’Ed the thing. It appears that there is such thing as "Internet Gateway for Windows", used mainly to allow other people use your Internet connection which is not applicable in my state of affairs. Can you inform me which files are connected through the Internet gateway?

I tried to presently initiate Windows Firewall, which asks if I would like to start [something] / ICS service. “Actually, I want to stop the ICS service, but I went ahead and click "Yes" anyway. However, did not alter the Advanced tab in properties (for the network connection), where it seems that I have to see a check box with respect to ICS. So I was not able to convert from ICS. If my memories are correct, this problem was found after installing software for my Verizon FiOS connection. Your support swears that do not install anything like that but then, that is to support the technology. Uninstall not obtainable for their software.