Thread: How to clear the chat history in Yahoo Messenger 11 ?

How to clear the chat history in Yahoo Messenger 11 ?

Hey guys I wanted to know how to clear the chat history in yahoo messenger 11. Well I did try with all the options but I was unable to clear the chat history from there. I have noticed that in spite of searching for all the methods in the internet there is not even a single website who did give me appropriate information on that. I did ask some of my friends regarding the same and they also seem to have no idea about it. So I am hoping that you might be able to help me here. So any solutions that you all can suggest me here.

Re: How to clear the chat history in Yahoo Messenger 11 ?

Yes I would definitely like to help you in this situation. Just follow the steps that I am listing you here and work on it accordingly
    1) Go to the messenger contact list, from there select the Messenger | Preferences.
    2) On doing that the Messenger | Preferences will get opened in a new windows.
    3) You will get to see a View Conversation History button. Click on that and all the conversation history will get displayed on the new window.
    4) Now as you get the Conversation History button you will be given the option to select the conversation that you would like to delete.
    5) Select the multiple check boxes that will appear before you.
    6) Finally at the top you will get to see Actions | Delete. Select delete and you are done.
    However you have to note that this conversation once deleted cannot be retrieved back at all.

I know one more method by which you would be able to delete the chat history via. Yahoo mail. So basically what you will have to do is go to the yahoo mail and from there sign in to the page. Then select the search mail box which you can find in the yahoo mail page. Just enter the string conversation that you would like to find in the yahoo search mail. Enter it and the list of results will be displayed in a new tab and so with that you will get the option to use the narrow results. In that you will find @C@Chats folder. That will display all information on the chat achieves. Select the specific message that you want to delete and all the data will get light green shaded. Select the delete button and it will get deleted permanently.

Wow that really helped me and I must say that you all are a true genius. I did not expect that this method will work for me I just followed some steps and did follow it accordingly and surprisingly I did get the method perfectly. Thanks a lot for the information guys I must say that you all have rally helped me a lot In this situation and your efforts are really commendable. So thanks a lot for that help. I am happy that the chat history did get cleared out. so thanks for the help.