Thread: How to Configure Outlook 2011 for Gmail in Mac?

How to Configure Outlook 2011 for Gmail in Mac?

Is it good idea to configure Outlook 2011 for use with Gmail? This question I am asking because I am facing some kind of problems with my Gmail, because Outlook syncs email accurately among its own Inbox and Gmail's folders. The problems that appears like when new email is received it appear in the Gmail Inbox, when I read it and then delete the same emails appear in the Gmail 'All Mail' folder. From there when I delete and archive it after some time it appears as unread in the 'Deleted Items' folder. I am not able to resolve the problem yet, so if anyone have solution for it please let me know.

Re: How to Configure Outlook 2011 for Gmail in Mac?

You can put your Gmail information and permit Outlook automatically get the vital account data setup. Then go to Tools here you have Accounts move to Gmail and in advance Advanced click on the folders, this allows you pick where every folder will point to. Other way you can do the thing is go to Outlook there you have preferences go t o General and mark the box in which you see "Hide On My Computer folders" so it doesn't illustrate those if you want. This can be the way in which you can try to resolve your problem which you are facing with Gmail account in Outlook 2011.

You can use Automatic Configuration that is there as default in Outlook 2011, it can be used to handle the details automatically. The same automatic configuration initially was there in the Outlook 2010 for Windows that was really great and was really good in term of the ease of which it holds Gmail. But when same thing came on the Mac has made it that greatly tougher for competing e-mail applications to gain any grip so this can be the reason why you are not able to perform the proper setting for your Gmail account in Outlook 2011 in Mac.

Great idea to configure Gmail to the latest Outlook 2011 as it provide you with it but the problem can occur when you have that in Mac. Because of such issue i think you are facing such kind of problem with the Gmail account. there can be some settings that you have to perform in the Outlook 2011 after which you will not be facing any such problem, so best way to get out of it is look for the setting on which you need to perform for the outlook 2011.

I kind of thought I would find the manual configuration instructions here as I was looking to configure my google apps account with Outlook for my personal domain.

Quote Originally Posted by lcfi23 View Post
    I kind of thought I would find the manual configuration instructions here as I was looking to configure my google apps account with Outlook for my personal domain.
    You can try to use the same settings as Gmail:
    POP: pop.gmail.com port 995, SSL
    IMAP: imap.gmail.com, port 993, SSL
    SMTP: smtp.gmail.com, port 25 or 587, TLS or port 465, SSL

After that you have to use your full email address, including the domain, as the username.