Thread: "One touch" VOIP with Skype?

"One touch" VOIP with Skype?

On the inside cover of the box to the HS-1000W, says that "one-touch - Skype answering the phone;. Another touch - back to his beloved music," The diagram points to the link button on the headset. I use Skype and listen to music often, but yet to figure out how these function, switching between music and Skype with the touch of the button. Not seem to work for me. Does anyone else?

Re: "One touch" VOIP with Skype?

I also have the same problem; it is not working with Vista Ultimate 64-bit and Skype 4.2.0.158 on a Thinkpad T61p. I think the choice of ASUS products idea. One was a good friend of mine told me what to do with this issue, could you please let us know what applications you use to play music and what kind of problems incurred when using HS-1000W ? Does it happen one way or both ways? Thank you very much.

I can use Windows Media Player and iTunes for my music (and sometimes Winamp). No problem, actually, I noticed the box that supposedly explains this function exists and I could not use it no matter how long you hold the button. I cannot understand in both directions - will call or go "back" to the music. Or maybe it is working and I do not notice. Frankly I'm not sure what you hear. My assumption is this: in a scenario where I have a free music player and music, and Skype open, but not on a call, you may receive a call and press the link button to pause times of music and answer the call, and then when done you can press the call button again to both hang up and return to the music.

I was not aware of it. So I did, and out of the options enabled, I determine that the link button is not a single touch, but a few seconds of waiting - that is, maybe 3 seconds, not enough time to de-link the handset. And it records the binding functionality as Alt Page Down button, as determined by the function it performs and what hotkeys * are set according to the options in Skype.

I say "function" because the box says you can switch between Skype and the music, when in fact it can perform a function - whatever it is set to AltPgDn. The default is to hang, and I can confirm that this worked, and the establishments of AltPgDn another function properly perform this function when the button is held, as expected. Unfortunately, not make more than one function, much less change between music and Skype.

I am having similar problems with these headphones. I can get the link function to work, however after I have answered the call the headphones stop working and revert back to using my laptop speakers for the duration of the call. Essentially, I cannot hear anything on the headphones at all whilst talking in skype but I can still use the link function to end the call and go back to using the headphones. Am I missing something?

Hey after learning the entire thing I am suspecting that the entire issue is happening because of the headphone itself. So you should try with another headphone and see whether you are able to hear. If your headphone is under warranty then claim for the same else you can get the new one.