Thread: What are those hidden search engines

What are those hidden search engines

I want to know something on hidden search engine. What are they and how does they work. Recently while going through some documents I found that there are some hidden search engines which are not well known by people. It has a wide variety of data information and they gives much better information. All the difference is that they are not so famous. Does this kind of search engine really exist or it is just some non famous sites.

Re: What are those hidden search engines

You might have been heard about Turbo10. It is the UK metasearch which is a uses specialized search engine for searching in databases or documents in web. It uses services of altavista, dogpile, google, hotbot, lycos, metacrawler, yahoo and msn. Using this there are possibility to connect to over 1000 engines. The data support is very large and wide. It is possible to add module in this and work on the same. It is really an awesome search engine known to very less.

I had never got chance to work on Turbo10 but I had heard about this before. It found that by using Turbo10 you can reveal the hidden part of web. For me currently Google is the most amazing search engine. It collects your query and then it will appear in a dropdown menu to the right of query box. This makes it more functional and easy to use. The best part of Google I like is searching of file extension. Like if you are searching a pdf format then you just need to mention pdf at the end.

There are certain UK search engine. Their specialization lies in the books. Like you can get an ample of results for encyclopedias, dictionaries, thesauri & books of quotations. It covers a very vast amount of topics based on language, health, science, music, etc. You can search any related reference material you want and get the most appropriate solution on the same. You can give a try for that.

Did you have used IntelliSeek. It is also known as Profusion. This seek results in the hidden part of the web. It has a very large databases of text, sounds, pictures, articles, magazines, books, etc. You can get ample of knowledge out of it without any issue. Every search engine has a very wide amount of data in it and it depends on the user choices that it wants or not. You can get better information databases and publications on this.

In my case I often uses Adobe PDF Search. This allows you to search among more than 1 million documents in Adobe PDF format. Wonder combines the capabilities of a meta search service and human research. Wonder is different from other search tools. The purpose of this foundation is to provide high quality information to all. Check this how this works. When you type a query, the results page is divided into several parts like Web results, newsgroup, question answers, mails, etc. So you get more to see here.