Thread: Internet Bandwidth decreases after connecting router

Internet Bandwidth decreases after connecting router

I have a Cisco wireless router and that is having the Firmware v1.1.08. I don’t utilize some software for the router. It is just working with Windows 7 64bit retail through driver files intended for numerous devices. I have the Brighthouse as cable internet provider. They are charging me for 15Mbps speed. I just maintain testing it flanked by 14-15Mbps. I renowned that this speed is deprived so I have changed to 25Mbps but I couldn't get test results as expected. I established the account settings. Lastly I determined to do some speed tests sidestepping. Without router I obtained 23-25Mbps speed but subsequent to connecting router I cannot obtain a speed result more than 15Mbps. Now what is mistaken by my router? How can I increase the speed? Please help me with your suggestion.

Re: Internet Bandwidth decreases after connecting router

The problem seems to be that this is not the question of the router, but is the subject of any misconfigurations or incorrect wiring. The speed of the questions about how to configure the connection between the router, cable modem or the Internet and the computer. Can you confirm if IPS activated for router otherwise not? When you are testing speed for the router you have to observe how it is joined to the router? Is it the Ethernet otherwise Wireless? Also confirm that the router settings are correct.

I think the issue of getting low speed is because you are having some wrong connection settings to the router. You need to do the connection properly. If you attached unswervingly to the Internet with cable router then confirm you have connected to the WAN port not the LAN port. The current version of firmware you are using is up to date version? Internet connection is wired or wireless? Have you checked the security settings on the router? Check your router in another location with Internet connection and others.

If the IPS (Intrusion Prevention System) enabled on the router then slow bandwidth. This is safety net applications that observe the network and / or system shock malicious actions. If enabled on your system, then you should check all data packets incoming / outgoing and inspect it for malicious things. You need to upgrade to the latest IPS signature in order to improve the safety and quick scan of the packages. What is your existing IPS signature?

If you think it's just the problem of low speed causing router then hard reset the router, just configure WAN and wireless settings will not connect through the Ethernet port. After this, I expect that you will be equipped to achieve speeds close to 25Mbps. If you use a wireless connection, then you will never be able to get more than 20Mbps of throughput due to the specifications. We conclude that gains more speed wired through WIFI. Each time you enable some features that affect the CPU load is going to get better performance than ever happen.