Thread: Internet and Cable Programming in future

Internet and Cable Programming in future

I would you like to know your opinion on this? What do you imagine the future of cable television is departing? I had Dish Network for nearly 5 years and had extremely good providence with it. It stimulated to a different city and dropped Dish Network and go to a restricted cable company here in town. I acquire the Internet package , cable, and telephone. One week ago I pay money for a wireless router and a Wii. For a moment this week I am directed to obtain free Netflix trial and notice how I approximating. Since you can get these services through a 360, PS3, etc, this service not only continue to grow and give cable companies more competitive?

Re: Internet and Cable Programming in future

Hello the truth is that I am satisfied with my cable company. But in my town we have two local cable providers and give everyone a choice. The only disadvantage to the Dish Network that I had was I had to give a monthly charge of more than one receiver. But that's a small difficulty. There cable signal was for all time very good to ideal. So how do you believe the cable/internet state of affairs will play out? Thanks for your input! This is really nice thread to share everyone’s knowledge with each other.

I do not see any future to the letter or the immediate future for any large TV provider. I just do not. I suspect channels continue to grow as the technology does with it (ie, 3DTV), but prices continue to rise. For me, I've found to get free boxes has become slightly more common for me (as in the DirecTV DVR), so that is good. I believe that integration with other devices will continue as more deals are signed by the majors. Would not surprise me if Microsoft or Sony, or both signed agreements with providers of television in some way to integrate DirecTV 360/PS3 or whatever.

The Internet basically revolutionizes how content can be spread. Former to the Internet video allocation required a function built network. Today anybody can be converted into a content aggregator and offer the service above the Internet. General deployment has been foiled for the reason that the majority residential Internet connections are not quick sufficient. As I read in one post that is why Cable operators have been so hostile going behind "bandwidth hogs," the Internet threatens their legacy business model.

Well, this is the usual lack of knowledge. Multiplying the capacity to double the money more mega costs 100 that the consumer will pay for vs. perfectly happy just to browse video TIMES vs waiting to replace the cable / sat for nothing. There is no reason your ISP be supposed to subsidize Netflix for your profit and increased costs to others who are not. You get what you pay for is the truth, but it should and is likely soon to be a part added cost of subscriptions.

Sorry, but I am 100% sure that Netflix compensate for the bandwidth they utilize. It also gives for the bandwidth when I compensate my bill online every month. I have license and if you are suggesting that all broadcast between me and Netflix is through Charter Pipeline VERY only am ignorant of how the Internet works. Did you ever think that the reason people pay $ 50 - $ 100 a month for internet, they can watch streaming video? If the ISP is going to do the difficult, I'll just go back to their $ 20 level and 1 Meg is all I need to check email or browse the site.